Just Bought A Catalina Xl 11000 Need Advice

msdeer

Well I just bought a used 2005 model Catalina XL 11000 with all the bells and whistles.

Picked it up for $1250 from a guy locally that said they are upgrading.

I am having it moved to my house Friday.

Only option it doesn't have is OZONE.

I have a few questions.

1. Should I add Ozone to the tub? It is ready just have to get the generator.

2. He is using a Chlorine tab floater, shock, and ph adjuster. Is this what I should use or do you all suggest something better?

3. The only problem with the spa anywhere is the cabinet panels are faded. What kind of stain/varnish/sealer should I go back with after sanding? I believe it to be mohagany according to the book.

4. Should I run some type of system flush to clean everything out good? Is there a chemical to you to do this?

Well I just bought a used 2005 model Catalina XL 11000 with all the bells and whistles.

Picked it up for $1250 from a guy locally that said they are upgrading.

I am having it moved to my house Friday.

Only option it doesn't have is OZONE.

I have a few questions.

1. Should I add Ozone to the tub? It is ready just have to get the generator.

2. He is using a Chlorine tab floater, shock, and ph adjuster. Is this what I should use or do you all suggest something better?

3. The only problem with the spa anywhere is the cabinet panels are faded. What kind of stain/varnish/sealer should I go back with after sanding? I believe it to be mohagany according to the book.

4. Should I run some type of system flush to clean everything out good? Is there a chemical to you to do this?

First off, my replies are from reading here and my limited knowledge of owning a tub for less than a year now.

1. I have ozone and think it does help. Its honestly hard to tell for sure since Ive never had one without it.

2. Search for the Dichlor then bleach method posted by "Nitro". Its a simple but effective method of managing your water sanitation.

3. Not sure about all that. I just bleach scrubbed mine and left them a bit faded, after all it is outside and used.

4. YES. Look for "Spa Flush". Also check out posts by "Nitro" again and see his "decon" thread for the decontamination process.

Enjoy your tub!!!