Biogaurd New Beginnings And Or Salt?

I have a Biogaurd Mineral Springs , and I am being informed that I can use Mortans Pool Salt instead of Biogaurd New beginnings, Based on my current water testing at my local pool store, they inform me I need 14 bags (414lbs) of new beginnings for my summer start up, I have been informed by other people that I can use Mortans Pool salt? and after that I can continue to use the weekly bioguard treatment or just add Mortans pool sale as long as I keep my numbers right. Is this correct? This is a GREAT savings if this is correct and it will not damadge my system. Any and all HELP will be appreciated. This is my first post. THANKS

Read the Pool School for more info on how to easily and inexpensively maintain your pool. Look at the link on Recommended Pool Chemicals which lists different salt vendors/brands you can use and which types to avoid. Note also the link on Water Balance for SWGs which can significantly reduce the amount of acid you need to add when you have a saltwater chlorine generator (SWG) system -- it does this via a higher CYA, lower TA and use of borates.