Sundance Optima Vs Hs Grandee Vs Marquis Euphoria

tedk

I had this thread going last week for the Marquis vs Hot Spings but it got lost (apparently).

I really appreciated the advise and input. A few suggested checking out Sundance and the dealer 9Pool Brite) has a good reputation so I checked them out. The Optima and the dealer impressed me and I think we'll proceed to wet testing.

Several commented the Marquis Euphoria is more like the HS Vanguard in size and price and they are right. The Euphoria is kind of my "check down" model at this point and I have to decide if I prefer $8800 or so for that at 400 gallons or move up to $10500 or so for the Grandee or Optima.

Appreciate any further input anyone has.

I had this thread going last week for the Marquis vs Hot Spings but it got lost (apparently).

I really appreciated the advise and input. A few suggested checking out Sundance and the dealer 9Pool Brite) has a good reputation so I checked them out. The Optima and the dealer impressed me and I think we'll proceed to wet testing.

Several commented the Marquis Euphoria is more like the HS Vanguard in size and price and they are right. The Euphoria is kind of my "check down" model at this point and I have to decide if I prefer $8800 or so for that at 400 gallons or move up to $10500 or so for the Grandee or Optima.

I didn't compare to the models you mention, but I have had a 2009 Optima for almost a year now. We love it. We had a couple problems with the lights but the dealer repaired them promptly under warranty. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

I didn't compare to the models you mention, but I have had a 2009 Optima for almost a year now. We love it. We had a couple problems with the lights but the dealer repaired them promptly under warranty. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Thanks - appreciate the feedback on a recent model!

I just recently bought a used Optima (2003 model) and could not be more pleased with it. Not sure how the older one compares with new though. I was starting to look at new ones because the decent used ones were so expensive, it seemed better to just buy new. Then I found this one in perfect condition for $2,000 and jumped on it as fast as I could. We did wet test before buying though.

I did not wet test the Marquis or the Vanguard. I did wet test the Grandee and the Optima. We bought a 2009 Sundance Optima. We love it. There were several determining factors for us...the foot jets in the Optima was significant in our decision to go with Sundance.

The bottom line is that the feel of the tub is the most important factor to consider. As has been mentioned...wet test the tubs that you are most interested in. If you are interested in the Grandee be sure to wet test the Grandee. Do not wet test the Vanguard and think they are going to be the same. They will not be. If you're trying to compare two (or more) different tubs by different manufacturers, ideally, try to arrange a wet test of each of those tubs on the same day. Your memory of the physical feedback for each tub will be fresher and you're likely to get a better sense comparison. Also be sure to spend plenty of time in each seat position, playing with the jet configurations and hydrotherapy possibilities.

My next recommendation is not particularly important, but merely something for you to consider during your research. Keep in mind this is merely my opinion and is based totally on mere anecdotal evidence. I have no sound scientific research data to support my suppositions. Nevertheless....

As first time spa buyers seem unsure of how much they will actually use a hot tub and often fear a tub will be difficult and troublesome to maintain, it seems relatively common for the first time spa Buyers, in order to acquaint themselves with the pros and cons of spa ownership, will pick an adequate but smaller tub (less expensive tub and presumptively less work to maintain) and before shelling out big bucks on a larger more expensive (and more work) model. I know spa owners whose initial first spa purchase was conservative in this way...and their reasoning was subjectively sound. However, most of those same people regretted not getting the bigger tub from the start. Not that they did not like their initial purchase. They loved their spas. But, it wasn't long thereafter that they wished they picked the larger tub that caught their eye. Although the initial cost would have been greater on the larger tub, so would the hydrotherapy and entertainment benefits and options. And given that the spa will last and can be enjoyed for many, many years, that initial cost over the life of the tub is pretty small when spread over time. If you are toying with the idea of a larger tub, I would recommend you bite the bullet and go larger, unless space considerations are a serious restricting factor.

Good luck.

gman 8^)