Inground Pool Advice - New Construction

itsfritz

We've never had a pool so we are seeking advice on inground pools. We live in Indiana. We are looking at "sport pool". Any does or donts? Vinyl vs fiberglass? Vermiculite vs Sand vs ???? Don't mind spending extra up front to save down the road. in the area we believe we'd like to put table and chairs is 14ft wide enough along the long side of the pool. Since its retangle we figured we put 14 ft on one long and one short side and then like 6 ft along the other long and short side (with auto pool cover).

Saline vs Chlorine?

Or should we just use the neighbors pool??

Thanks.

We've never had a pool so we are seeking advice on inground pools. We live in Indiana. We are looking at "sport pool". Any does or donts? Vinyl vs fiberglass? Vermiculite vs Sand vs ???? Don't mind spending extra up front to save down the road. in the area we believe we'd like to put table and chairs is 14ft wide enough along the long side of the pool. Since its retangle we figured we put 14 ft on one long and one short side and then like 6 ft along the other long and short side (with auto pool cover).

Saline vs Chlorine?

Or should we just use the neighbors pool??

Thanks.

I put in a 20 x 40 in ground pool in AZ and upgraded to the DE filter system and salt system; they worked great. Also put in the in ground cleaning system which saved me a lot of cleaning time. The in ground pool will add more to property values which is good in the long run. Have fun!!

We did an owner/builder a few years back and added a salt system. I can't tell you how much we LOVED it. Not only less maintenance and nice soft water, but if you have any blondies in your family they will appreciate not getting "green hair" with extended swimming LOL

Recently we bought another home with an existing pool. It has the in-floor pop up cleaners. I don't think I will EVER have a pool without them again. My pool never has a speck of dirt in it and I don't use any sort of vacuum at all. It truly is amazing and I am now a believer! I don't know what they cost to put in but DO IT if at all possible.

Good luck :D