Sundance Vs Bc Part 2

Hi All

Interesting reads on this site. Trying to find some clear answers. Built my yard last year for a max 89x89 tub (deck encloses 3 sides - deck is 24 inches high). checked out artic, jucuzzi, sunrise, bc and sundance. big factors for me are:

- size - since tub sizes are edge of acrylic to edge, panel wall dims are a couple more inches inside of the acrylic edge - i want a tub to fill the deck hole as closely as possible to save accidents (small kids) and for asthetics

- large cooling steps - wife likes the idea for her and kids, i do too for easier entrance, deck is 24 inches high, most tubs are 36+

- warranty

- over all size for seating (family of 5, and my 3 kids will only get bigger), more open area tub than cockpit style

- operating cost - chemicals aside, energy costs, regular maintence items

budget - max $8500 all in

so far:

-Jucuzzi sizing is at best 84x84, so i have to fill spaces around my deck

-Arctic - too cockpit, no real steps, 84x84, heard of leak issues b/c they do not use insulation for structure

-Sunrise - seems little info out there on them, 84x84, 1 off from dealer and wrong colours

so...its come down to bc 380 or sundance hartford 680 - both the right size but there is a $1000 delta - sundance is $1000 cheaper, has 2 pumps + circ, 42 jets, more jets and seems to have a better filtration model. bc is 23 jets (stainless), one pump+hush, and its 3.5 hp main, but has a more accomodating interior footprint - big wide steps for cooling would fit all 3 kids on the first one easily. sundance has no steps, thats a downer for us.

read jeff in whitby's post...if the sundance 880's 2 motors are way more powerful than the bc 750's 2 motors...then i will likely see a large difference b/t the power of the sundance hartford 680 with 2 pumps vs the bc 380 single 3.5 hp pump. this, alomng with price and its size (footprint in deck) is largely why i am looking closer at the sundance. as well, the bc warranty is 2 year everything, 5 year shell and lifetime contruction....sundance seems better, 3 year all moving parts, 5 year leak/shell.

i like the bc dealer better. sundance dealer really bad mouthed bc dealer.

i'd appreciate any opinions b/t the two tubs

- general quality

- performance

- filtration (not going with uv bulb or ozone)

- maint costs

- energy costs

- insulation (bc says icyline foam vs sundance open and closed cell foam)

- comments on leak frequency

- warranty

thanks folks.

Hey JSLA

yeah we weren't big fans of the way Sundance has to talk down everyone elses tub

Just talk to me about your tub...geez

Heck even at the wet test he was still going - doesn't he realize at the wet test we're already past that and down to feel?

The tub will do all the talking at that point.

Anyway

Just wanted to write to talk about cool down steps.

Yes BC seemed to have the advantage there, but think of it this way there are usually a couple of high up/few jetted seats in the sundance, and you can turn the jets off to make it a cool down seat. Not sure the layout of your model, but just something to consider

(now I sound like a sundance salesman LOL)

I can't explain to you the difference the wet testing made.

As completely awkward as it is to be hot tubbing in a store - ya gotta do it.

It will help you understand what you like tremendously.