Arctic Tundra Lse - Quality And Cost?

raptorc5

Hi guys! My mother is 68 and is replacing a 7 year old Hot Springs Sovereign LE that she had many leak issues with (plumbing). She has fallen in love with 2 spas, the D1 Lotus Bay and the Arctic Tundra LSE. The D1 dealer put a hard sell on her and made her nervous so she wants the Arctic. My local dealer won't bugde on price at all. They are at $13,500 plus tax with summer doors and cover lift. That puts it at the same price as the D1. Is this a good deal?

Also I have seen so many issues with owners on various sites. I take this with a grain of salt since happy, content customers don't usually post how happy (I know I don't). BUT have the issues that I have seen with the jets and Onzen been addressed?

Thanks for any input!! This is a huge investment for her as retirement is around the corner. I would rather pass on all brand then see her in another money pit.

Yupper your missing it, go to arcticspas.com,click on any 8' spa,click on LSE and there it is.

Yes that is a really good price on a LSE. Plus, it comes fully loaded with every option Arctic has to offer, including the Aquatremor stereo system, and the 10 years parts and labor warranty. This would be a great tub for your mom, and she would have the peace of mind with the 10 year warranty. I must add though the the Onzen has a two year warranty, and the stereo has a three year warranty, but all the other parts have a ten year warranty. In regards to your question about the jets and the Onzen, these problems have been resolved. The jet problem was fixed about three years ago when they switched to a threaded style jet. They no longer pop out at all like some of them used to. The Onzen system is much better as well. It's only been on the market for about 2.5 years old, and it had some issues when it was first released, but by now all of the kinks have been worked out, and it works really well, and people really seem to like they way that it works. Hope that helps, and good luck in your decision.

Hi guys! My mother is 68 and is replacing a 7 year old Hot Springs Sovereign LE that she had many leak issues with (plumbing). She has fallen in love with 2 spas, the D1 Lotus Bay and the Arctic Tundra LSE. The D1 dealer put a hard sell on her and made her nervous so she wants the Arctic. My local dealer won't bugde on price at all. They are at $13,500 plus tax with summer doors and cover lift. That puts it at the same price as the D1. Is this a good deal?

Also I have seen so many issues with owners on various sites. I take this with a grain of salt since happy, content customers don't usually post how happy (I know I don't). BUT have the issues that I have seen with the jets and Onzen been addressed?

Thanks for any input!! This is a huge investment for her as retirement is around the corner. I would rather pass on all brand then see her in another money pit.

I have a Tundra LE I bought a year ago. Absolutely zero problems. I love the tub.

I paid $10,750 US.

No Onzen just Arctic Ozone (only 2 choices available at that time. Peak Ozone was replaced with Onzen)

Forever floor

Deluxe Northern Lights

2 tier cedar steps

cover lifter

start up supplies

plus a couple of Arctic robes thrown in

Free delivery and set up

I didn't go for the Onzen partly because it was still somewhat new and still working some bugs out and my dealer did not recommend that I get it at that time. Maybe a different story a year later.....you decide.

I also didn't go for the SE as well. Once again dealers opinion not worth it. I tend to agree since I'm not a big extended warranty fan. At least last year the SE would only buy me the warranty extension and no other upgrades. That being said it could be worth the piece of mind for some. I was willing to take my chances without it and save myself a couple grand.

Whatever your choice is good luck!

Hope this helps at least a little.

Thanks for the replies! The dealer doesn't have a Tundra in stock to look at. They look really deep. Will a 5'1" woman be comfortable in this spa. The height range of people using it is 5' to 6'3"

The design of this tub is pretty much designed to fit all body types. I myself am 6'2" and my wife is 5'4". My young kids fit as well. The Tundra has 3 "cool down seats" that make you sit up rather high to varying degrees. That being said not all people will fit comfortably in all seats. I have my prefered seat that is deep but my wife has to hold up her chin to stay above the waterline...especially when more people are in the tub. Same thing the other way. My wife likes a few other seats that aren't deep enough for me. I do use them all for a different massage but I have my favorite to really sit back and relax.

On the seat that has the adjustable neck jets.. Is it a really deep seat or can you wife sit comfortable in it? That is the seat that my mom is really wanting due to neck and shoulder issues.

That is the seat I was talking about that is my favorite. It is the deepest seat in the spa. My wife can sit in it but depending how filled it is she sometimes has to struggle to keep her chin up above the water level. Couple of things come to mind to help with this. 1. Don't fill quite as much. 2. Keep amount of people in the spa to a minimum while wife is in. 3. Get a spa pillow to sit on for her. No matter what don't let me persuade you away from the Tundra...just keeping it real.

As far as the neck jets....I like them but not as much as I would have hoped. Really noisy while they are on due to lots of splash.

I love the big jets in the middle up high in that seat. Massage is fantastic!

The dealer doesn't have any unit that have water or electricity on them. So that means we are going off the dry impressions. The jets felt like they stuck out somewhat. Does that change with water in?

When filled it doesn't feel like they stick out to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...