Bought A Sundance Optima

JimKW

Found it on Craigslist yesterday morning, went with my wife to wet test it this afternoon and bought it. It's a 2003 model, with a fairly new cover and lift in excellent condition. Now I have to find somebody to deliver it, set it up and run my 220V power line to the porch. It's a bigger unit than I wanted and it doesn't have a lounge, but it was a deal I could not pass up. Got it for $2,000.

Found it on Craigslist yesterday morning, went with my wife to wet test it this afternoon and bought it. It's a 2003 model, with a fairly new cover and lift in excellent condition. Now I have to find somebody to deliver it, set it up and run my 220V power line to the porch. It's a bigger unit than I wanted and it doesn't have a lounge, but it was a deal I could not pass up. Got it for $2,000.

That's a good price - I'm sure you'll enjoy it Jim. If you live in a cold climate you might want to consider installing a 60 AMP service to allow you to run both pumps and the heater all at once. A licensed electrician can advise further.

Good luck!

Does anybody have any idea how much the electric hookup should cost? I got an estimate of $710 and that seems very high to me. It's a pretty long run from the box to where the tub will sit, maybe 50 feet, but it's through an unfinished basement and it can run behind the framing that is not yet in place. A hole will need to be drilled through the brick also.

Does anybody have any idea how much the electric hookup should cost? I got an estimate of $710 and that seems very high to me. It's a pretty long run from the box to where the tub will sit, maybe 50 feet, but it's through an unfinished basement and it can run behind the framing that is not yet in place. A hole will need to be drilled through the brick also.

I am looking at a Sundance Cameo wired for 60A service. I have a similar situation as you with an unfinished basement. I think our setup is quite a bit less than 50 ft away as we are putting the tub next to the house. I was quoted $640 for electrical setup. I am in the Chicago suburbs. Hope that helps.