Jandy Ti-3000 Temp Sense Error

Stan911

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and have a new Jandy Ti-3000 as part of a pool spa install. Pool builder is not technical, Jandy warrantee guy seems proficient but stumped by this issue. When I run the heat pump to heat the spa, it seems like the temperature indicated on the panel of the Ti-3000 (there is no remote, just the Ti-3000 panel) shows a water temp that is lower than that of the spa. That condition brings the spa water temp above the set point, usually bu 6 to 8 degrees before the heat pump will cycle off. First time we used it, I didn't check and my wife stepped into a 110 degree tub. After the heat pump shuts off, the panel indicated temp creeps up to match the water temp. I suspect that somehow, the running heat pump is cooling the water temp sensor. I am also told that if a remote control package is installed, the temp sensor in the heat pump is ignored, other than for overtemp indication (though if my assumption is correct, that's not so good either).

Has anyone seen this problem? Other than that all works well.

If it matters, the rest of the install is: Fiberglass pool and hot tub, Jandy Aquapure, Jandy DE filter, 2 HP Jandy Stealth pump, intermatic panel and time clock. All brand new, Spa has been up for 3 months as the rest got completed. This is the last issue, and it seems to be driving the techs (local and on the phone to Jandy) rather bonkers.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Stan

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and have a new Jandy Ti-3000 as part of a pool spa install. Pool builder is not technical, Jandy warrantee guy seems proficient but stumped by this issue. When I run the heat pump to heat the spa, it seems like the temperature indicated on the panel of the Ti-3000 (there is no remote, just the Ti-3000 panel) shows a water temp that is lower than that of the spa. That condition brings the spa water temp above the set point, usually bu 6 to 8 degrees before the heat pump will cycle off. First time we used it, I didn't check and my wife stepped into a 110 degree tub. After the heat pump shuts off, the panel indicated temp creeps up to match the water temp. I suspect that somehow, the running heat pump is cooling the water temp sensor. I am also told that if a remote control package is installed, the temp sensor in the heat pump is ignored, other than for overtemp indication (though if my assumption is correct, that's not so good either).

If it matters, the rest of the install is: Fiberglass pool and hot tub, Jandy Aquapure, Jandy DE filter, 2 HP Jandy Stealth pump, intermatic panel and time clock. All brand new, Spa has been up for 3 months as the rest got completed. This is the last issue, and it seems to be driving the techs (local and on the phone to Jandy) rather bonkers.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Stan

Did they try a new sensor? I had the oppisite problem with a Hayward Heat pump. Heat pump said pool was 80 and was only 75. New sensor fixed it. If they tried the sensor did they do a ohms test to see if they read water temp correctly. If sensors check out I would think the the pc board is not doing something the right way.

Both controll boards have been replaced by Jandy warantee tech. Temp sensor reads accurately IF the heat pump is not running, or if it is running for a short time. The problem seems to happen when the heat pump is running for a while, as it would be in bringing the spa up to 104 from 50 or 60 degrees. I suspect that the pump is pulling cool air past the sensor, or perhaps cold from the heatpump itself. Don't know. But the bottom line is that there's 6-8 degrees worth of cooling affecting the sensor while the heat pump is running. Once it shuts off, the sender reads corectly. Of course this makes it real dificult to get the temp where I want it.

Stan

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Stan

Did they try a new sensor? I had the oppisite problem with a Hayward Heat pump. Heat pump said pool was 80 and was only 75. New sensor fixed it. If they tried the sensor did they do a ohms test to see if they read water temp correctly. If sensors check out I would think the the pc board is not doing something the right way.

Update:

Jandy evidently has changed the sensor location and put it on the heat exchanger. That lowers the sensed temp while the heat pump is running. This caused the overshoot of the actual temperature by 6-8 degrees. The tech moved the temperature sensor to the water inlet ot the heat pump, just outside the unit. Now it works just fine.

Stan