Caldera Elation Vs. Hot Springs Vista

Joe G.

I'm in the process of replacing my Coleman 250 tub which served me well for 14 years. I just want a new one, with the low maintenance cabinet, more effecient electric use, etc.

I am considering a Caldera Elation and Hot Springs Vista (with the salt water system).

For the Elation I have been quoted $11.2K (less NJ Sales Taxes) which includes the following;

- Tub

- Cover

- Cover Cradle Li

- Cantabria Cover Lifter

- Advent Remote Control

- Delivery

- Chemicals

Is this a good price? I havent recieved a quote yet on the Hot Springs Vista. Am I looking at a similiar price?

Also interested in your feedback on both of these spa's from a reliability, therapeutic, confort perspective.

Thanks for your help. I'm looking to buy real soon as I hate being "spa-less".

Joe

I'm in the process of replacing my Coleman 250 tub which served me well for 14 years. I just want a new one, with the low maintenance cabinet, more effecient electric use, etc.

I am considering a Caldera Elation and Hot Springs Vista (with the salt water system).

For the Elation I have been quoted $11.2K (less NJ Sales Taxes) which includes the following;

- Tub

- Cover

- Cover Cradle Li

- Cantabria Cover Lifter

- Advent Remote Control

- Delivery

- Chemicals

Is this a good price? I havent recieved a quote yet on the Hot Springs Vista. Am I looking at a similiar price?

Also interested in your feedback on both of these spa's from a reliability, therapeutic, confort perspective.

Thanks for your help. I'm looking to buy real soon as I hate being "spa-less".

Joe

I just put a down payment on a 2010 today. I have done several months of research and it is my opinion that HS is one of the very best. Wet tested the Vista and bought it. Out the door I paid 9995. This included tax, set up and delivery, stairs, start up chemicals, cover, stairs, and cover cradle. Loved the dealership and salesperson. I am not taking delivery till June because I will be out of state. The salesperson is going to even supervise the installation of the cement pad that will be installed in my absence.

I just put a down payment on a 2010 today. I have done several months of research and it is my opinion that HS is one of the very best. Wet tested the Vista and bought it. Out the door I paid 9995. This included tax, set up and delivery, stairs, start up chemicals, cover, stairs, and cover cradle. Loved the dealership and salesperson. I am not taking delivery till June because I will be out of state. The salesperson is going to even supervise the installation of the cement pad that will be installed in my absence.

Thanks for posting. Now, I would have guessed that the Hot Springs Vista would cost more than the Elation with all things being equal. I'll have to keep shop around a bit longer. I'm hoping some others who have purchased, or are in the process of purchasing either of these spa's will share their experience, suggestions as well.

I'm also looking for spa enclosure. I was amazed of how much those final kits cost. Almost as much as the spa. Does anybody have suggestions for a semi private enclosure to use for the spa on a concrete pad?

Thanks,

Joe

For me I want to enclose mine for privacy, but don't want a roof over it. I really want to sit in the hot tub with the snow falling on me. Not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I figure it will be a good bit less expensive to do somehing with privacy fence with some kind of door or gate as opposed to a complete enclosure. Just my opinion.

Joe, a couple things I did learn during my several months of research is that depending on where you live, what other spa dealers are in your area, will all make a difference in price on the same exact spa. The dealer I bought mine at (northern Illinois) told me he doesn't depend on the sales of spa's a great deal to make a living, but rather the installation of inground pools which is obviously the majority of his business. He has been selling the Hotspring line for 15 year though. So I guess if your buying from a dealer that only sells spas, the price may be higher...............just food for thought.

For me I want to enclose mine for privacy, but don't want a roof over it. I really want to sit in the hot tub with the snow falling on me. Not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I figure it will be a good bit less expensive to do somehing with privacy fence with some kind of door or gate as opposed to a complete enclosure. Just my opinion.

Jim,

This is an excellent suggestion you bring up. All of the vinyl enclosed gazeebo's that I have come across are at least $5K and up w/o installation.

I bet I can create an internal decorative vinyl fence around the tub for a heck of alot less. I will look into your suggestion further. Thanks for the tip.

Joe

Joe, a couple things I did learn during my several months of research is that depending on where you live, what other spa dealers are in your area, will all make a difference in price on the same exact spa. The dealer I bought mine at (northern Illinois) told me he doesn't depend on the sales of spa's a great deal to make a living, but rather the installation of inground pools which is obviously the majority of his business. He has been selling the Hotspring line for 15 year though. So I guess if your buying from a dealer that only sells spas, the price may be higher...............just food for thought.

Good point. I will attempt to locate a few more dealers who will deliver to the Northern NJ area for additional prices. Although my Coleman 250 has already been removed I'm not jumping at the first vendor price. The only 2 vendor names provided by Hot Springs was Montelbano's in Staten Island and Prisco Pools and Spa's in Hawthorne, NJ. There must be others.

Thanks,

Joe

I'm hoping some others who have purchased, or are in the process of purchasing either of these spa's will share their experience, suggestions as well.

I just purchased a New 2009 HS Vista here in Arizona. From the feed back I got on my post It seems I got a smoking deal --- $8400 + tax for the tub with all of the usual extras.

I think the following things that I did contributed to getting a good deal.

1. Take the time to get educated - and speak the spa lingo --- Spent many hours reading this forum and asked a few questions

2. Know what you want ---- Do this by wet testing and narrowing things down- know what features are must have

3. Visit the dealers a few times -- this gives you some practice in playing the negotiations game.

4. When you are ready - know what price class of spa and what dealers /brands and models you have narrowed down to then you get serious

-- What I did was this ---

Shopped real hard for a tub in the mid price range of $5K-8K then mentioned that -- I would spend a little bit more to get a higher end tub .... after realizing that I was making an 10-15 yr purchase and another few grand could get me a top tier spa

Then the offers came for tubs in the $8K-10K prices for the high end tubs- if no offer comes, ASK for last year inventory that is still new - that will be your BEST deal.

-- Also ask what is the cash price and offer to put down 50% down to hold the great deal while you make a final decision( I asked for the weekend to decide) - and get a chance to research your deal using this forum.

Yes its a lot of work to get a good deal and be happy with your purchase ---- but when you are spending a lot of $$$ it is worth the extra effort.

Good luck

Ken

I'm hoping some others who have purchased, or are in the process of purchasing either of these spa's will share their experience, suggestions as well.

I just purchased a New 2009 HS Vista here in Arizona. From the feed back I got on my post It seems I got a smoking deal --- $8400 + tax for the tub with all of the usual extras.

That's a great deal and it may be an 09 but since its new you've done well. As we get to Spring I think Dealers are looking to move 2009 stock so there can be some good deals out there for dealers who have 09s still.