Sundance Waterfall Usage

I was told by the spa shop that we should leave the waterfall on all the time (somewhere in the medium flow range). I've searched around here and saw one thread where a couple of folks said to turn it off. I'm curious what the general consensus is around here on what is the correct way to go and why. We own a 2009 Sundance Majesta.

Wonderful group of people here - I've already searched and found a half dozen answers to questions I've had. What a great resource.

Thanks!

Tim

I was told by the spa shop that we should leave the waterfall on all the time (somewhere in the medium flow range). I've searched around here and saw one thread where a couple of folks said to turn it off. I'm curious what the general consensus is around here on what is the correct way to go and why. We own a 2009 Sundance Majesta.

Wonderful group of people here - I've already searched and found a half dozen answers to questions I've had. What a great resource.

Thanks!

Tim

I tell people to turn them off. If left on with cover closed if for any reason the jet pumps come on it just saturates the under side of the cover. Over a long period of time that can't be good

Thanks!

Tim

I tell people to turn them off. If left on with cover closed if for any reason the jet pumps come on it just saturates the under side of the cover. Over a long period of time that can't be good

Is this something unique to Sundance? My Strong waterfall is positioned in such a way that the waterfall can't hit the cover (I'm guessing two inches below the cover.) When the jet pumps come on, it's just one pump on low setting, the waterfall isn't pushing that much water and it wouldn't touch the cover. I leave mine on for circulation.

DK117

I have a 2009 Sundance Optima. My waterfall runs off the circulation pump (not by the two water jet pumps or the aerator pump). It was recommended I leave the waterfall running if only at a very low flow rate. As it gets very cold in winter in my part of the country, perhaps that suggestion was just precautionary against possible freezing or perhaps to insure circulation of the waterfall feed water through the filter, I'm not sure.

The therapy jets are scheduled to automatically operate at least once each day for five minutes (I think it's five minutes...I don't recall exactly right now) to flush water through the pipes. Since the waterfall is not operated via the water jet pumps, perhaps the reason to keep the waterfall on is to compensate for lack of the daily flushing the other water lines get that occurs automatically with the jet pumps.

gman :rolleyes: