Was Vinyl Ester Resin The Reason Fiberglass Pools Dont Cobalt And Blister Anymore?

OK ........HERES MY QUESTION..............WAS THE INTRODUCTION OF VINYL ESTER RESIN IN FIBERGLASS POOL CONSTRUCTION THE CURE FOR COBALTING AND BLISTERING???????? WHO WAS THE FIRST MANUFACTURER TO USE IT????????? IT SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY ELEMENT THAT ALL FIBERGLASS POOLS HAVE IN COMMON REGARDLESS OF BRAND NAME OR MANUFACTURER..........ANYONE KNOW WHO THE INDUSTRY OWES KUDOS TO FOR THIS BEING MADE THE STANDARD IN FIBERGLASS POOLS????????

As a curious installer can you explain in detail why it cobalts due to the lack of ester resins &can you use specific independent fact. I only ask of this since i really would like to know if this is truly a fact & im sure the regular folks would like some insight instead of all the pettiness, the fighting &the name calling that is making this section of the forum look horrible. As a lot of these "discussions" definitely arent helping restore faith in the fibreglass industry IMO.

As a curious installer can you explain in detail why it cobalts due to the lack of ester resins &can you use specific independent fact. I only ask of this since i really would like to know if this is truly a fact & im sure the regular folks would like some insight instead of all the pettiness, the fighting &the name calling that is making this section of the forum look horrible. As a lot of these "discussions" definitely arent helping restore faith in the fibreglass industry IMO.

VE resin is an epoxy/polyester based product. It was utilized in the anti- corrosion field in refinerys, chemical plants, quench areas, tank linings, & in the early 70's made it's way into the F/G yacht & offshore racing boat biz. It is used for several reasons including incredible chemical resistance, flexural properties, & anti osmatic qualities. It was first used on F/G pools in the USA in the mid 70's.

This product literally is the main reason the F/G pool industry is as successful as it is today. Pools that are made with lesser types of resins are almost a sure bet to have issues at some unknown time in their service life.

Gel coat back in the old days was a general purpose product used on camper tops, cars, boats, etc. Today most pool makers use a product specifically made for immersion service, pool chemicals, & have ultra violet stabilizers to reduce the threat of fading.

Extensive testing under lab conditions have been available for over 3 decades that continue to confirm that a swimming pool grade gel coat along with a true[not blended] VE resin is a combination that is almost 100% foolproof.

Let's face the facts, yachts costing 10's of millions of $$$ are basically constructed of the exact same materials as most of todays F/G pools. The tail section{as well as many other parts] of commercial planes are basically constructed of the exact same materials as today's F/G pools. Think about that the next time you get a Coke & bag of peanuts on the way to Vegas!! Lastly, also think about all the F/G that is protecting OUR BRAVE MEN & WOMAN in uniform in far away lands. The armored vest they wear & the bullet proof frames in the many vehicles they ride off to battle the bad guys in are basically made of the exact same materials as today's F/G pools.

VE resin is an epoxy/polyester based product. It was utilized in the anti- corrosion field in refinerys, chemical plants, quench areas, tank linings, & in the early 70's made it's way into the F/G yacht & offshore racing boat biz. It is used for several reasons including incredible chemical resistance, flexural properties, & anti osmatic qualities. It was first used on F/G pools in the USA in the mid 70's.

This product literally is the main reason the F/G pool industry is as successful as it is today. Pools that are made with lesser types of resins are almost a sure bet to have issues at some unknown time in their service life.

Gel coat back in the old days was a general purpose product used on camper tops, cars, boats, etc. Today most pool makers use a product specifically made for immersion service, pool chemicals, & have ultra violet stabilizers to reduce the threat of fading.

Extensive testing under lab conditions have been available for over 3 decades that continue to confirm that a swimming pool grade gel coat along with a true[not blended] VE resin is a combination that is almost 100% foolproof.

Let's face the facts, yachts costing 10's of millions of $$$ are basically constructed of the exact same materials as most of todays F/G pools. The tail section{as well as many other parts] of commercial planes are basically constructed of the exact same materials as today's F/G pools. Think about that the next time you get a Coke & bag of peanuts on the way to Vegas!! Lastly, also think about all the F/G that is protecting OUR BRAVE MEN & WOMAN in uniform in far away lands. The armored vest they wear & the bullet proof frames in the many vehicles they ride off to battle the bad guys in are basically made of the exact same materials as today's F/G pools.

Dorway.......You are spot on with your resonse........I couldnt of explained it better myself.....Thank you for the professional response......The factory that started the use of vinyl ester is still producing high quality fiberglass pools out of the same location they started in back in 1972 with the same name,address,phone #,and owner.....and they have NEVER FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY........i guess being the biggest isnt always the best........its no different than the fact that there are more Hyundais on the highway than Benz's ....... the only difference is less people appreciate quality over quantity.........I think ill stick with my S CLASS............