Chemicals - Which First

smc

I have been using the Nitro bleach method for going on 6 months-still crystal clear water. ( I'm so glad I found you guys.)

Anyway, thinking of changing water and wanted to know if their is a specific order in which to put in chemicals. I will be increasing calcium hardness, lowering total alkalinity, adding Gentle spa (borates) and of course diclor.

I also will be installing a Nature 2 cartridge in an attempt to master the "low chlorine" recipe.(No MPS).

Early on in my spa ownership I developed a rash which I was hoping was folliculitus (that can be fixed) but was determined by a visit to a dermatologist that it was simply excema,which is irritated by hot tub use.

I have used the tub less with success although would really enjoy using it more.

I also was going to change from dry acid to muratic acid as somewhere I read that it was less irritating than the dry acid.

Any input or recommendations would be deeply appreciated.

I have been using the Nitro bleach method for going on 6 months-still crystal clear water. ( I'm so glad I found you guys.)

Anyway, thinking of changing water and wanted to know if their is a specific order in which to put in chemicals. I will be increasing calcium hardness, lowering total alkalinity, adding Gentle spa (borates) and of course diclor.

I also will be installing a Nature 2 cartridge in an attempt to master the "low chlorine" recipe.(No MPS).

Early on in my spa ownership I developed a rash which I was hoping was folliculitus (that can be fixed) but was determined by a visit to a dermatologist that it was simply excema,which is irritated by hot tub use.

I have used the tub less with success although would really enjoy using it more.

I also was going to change from dry acid to muratic acid as somewhere I read that it was less irritating than the dry acid.

Ideally you don't want the PH going out of range, so you would balance the PH first, then add borates and acid in small amounts to keep the PH reasonable, then add chlorine and calcium.

It probably isn't that important as long as you wait for each to reasonably dissolve before adding the next chemical, and the PH isn't out of range for more than a minute while you add chemicals.

PS The pool calculator for the iPhone is highly recommended. If you don't have an iPhone you can use the same calculator online here:

http://www.poolcalculator.com/

Ideally you don't want the PH going out of range, so you would balance the PH first, then add borates and acid in small amounts to keep the PH reasonable, then add chlorine and calcium.

It probably isn't that important as long as you wait for each to reasonably dissolve before adding the next chemical, and the PH isn't out of range for more than a minute while you add chemicals.

PS The pool calculator for the iPhone is highly recommended. If you don't have an iPhone you can use the same calculator online here:

http://www.poolcalculator.com/

When I changed my water I have high TA = 220 so the sequence I used was

1. acid to lower ph to 7.2 and aerate to PH =7.8. I repeated the cycle until TA was 100

2. Added borates and acid to get 50 ppm borates

3. readjusted TA after I finished with Borates.

4. Used Dichlor unitl CYA= 30 ppm then bleach.

Everthing whent fine.