Nj - Pool Newbie

Dominick

Hello All

Im new to the forum and new to pools. My wife and I just contracted for a inground free form gunite pool with raise spa. Since im new to pools, im very open to suggestions. especially on items that have to be done while in the building phase. So please feel free to shout out any advice

We are getting a free form 38x21 pool with standard brick coping, Ansylbrite finish and 1300 Sq ft of concrete patio

A 18 inch raised spillover spa, 2 6 ft swimouts and something the builder calls a "cozy corner" - which a fancy name for a large entry way with seating benches

The package comes with the usually assortment of standard items

Pentair filter (Choice of Sand, DE or cart)

Pentair pump

Nature 2 (although I'm starting to lean towards Salt)

Raypak heater

LED lights (1 one pool 1 in Spa)

Jandy wireless remote

Polaris 360 robot

Decision I still need to make are

Pool cover and a safety solution - Been looking at Katchakid

Waterline tile

If I can firgure out how to add attachments I will post a drawing

Hello All

Im new to the forum and new to pools. My wife and I just contracted for a inground free form gunite pool with raise spa. Since im new to pools, im very open to suggestions. especially on items that have to be done while in the building phase. So please feel free to shout out any advice

We are getting a free form 38x21 pool with standard brick coping, Ansylbrite finish and 1300 Sq ft of concrete patio

A 18 inch raised spillover spa, 2 6 ft swimouts and something the builder calls a "cozy corner" - which a fancy name for a large entry way with seating benches

The package comes with the usually assortment of standard items

Pentair filter (Choice of Sand, DE or cart)

Pentair pump

Nature 2 (although I'm starting to lean towards Salt)

Raypak heater

LED lights (1 one pool 1 in Spa)

Jandy wireless remote

Polaris 360 robot

Decision I still need to make are

Pool cover and a safety solution - Been looking at Katchakid

Waterline tile

If I can firgure out how to add attachments I will post a drawing

I don't know about the Katchakid nets, but as far as the Polaris ask if you can get a Polaris 380 or 3900. These run off there own pump and are a better cleaner the 360. The 360 uses a return line to the pool which uses the pool pump. There are a good cleaner but can be very fussy critters. You are good for the rest, Did they explain the different filters? De is the best, but personally I would use sand, least amount of maintenance to the filter. I find the cartridge filters a pain because they need to taken apart to clean and the cartridges need repalced every 5 yrs or so and are not cheap

Thx for the replys!!

The PB did explain the differences with the filters and I plan on a DE, however during the bid process another PB had mentioned that he only uses Sand because the DE is dangerous and harmful if inhaled. Now correct me if im wrong but isnt it a very thin powder that I will most certainly inhale unless I use a mask?? Also, Is that point even true??? I have small children and I would want to use this product it there is a chance it can hurt them. As most of you know its hard to anything with my 3 yr old being right behind me - lol