Do I Need A New Pc Board

fishing1brad

Hello out there...spa technicians...please help! What other troubleshooting can I do to narrow down the issue(s)? :?:

===========================================

Echo Z110 H490000 w/R574

Before I drained spa 3 months ago the heater would intermittently not stop heating when set temp was reached. Had to turn down temp at least 10 degrees before heater turned off (some of the times). Also at times the pump would not turn off till the heater turned off. Eventually I had to turn off the spa at the breaker. These symptoms occurred and worsened over a course of two months.

Today I filled the spa to trouble shoot the issues.

1. The breaker trips. Indicating I have a short somewhere.

2. I bypassed the heater. Basically unhooked the two electrical contacts. Spa turns on!

BUT, the pump cycles between low(circulating mode) and high, approx 1 second intervals...low then high, low then high...the spa light comes on when pump is in "high".

3. This behavior continues unchanged. With the control panel cord plugged in or not plugged in.

4. With the control panel plugged in. It correctly displays water temp. But there is no "pump" control. I expect the control panel is ok.

Most likely I need new board...possibly a heater too.

Has anybody run into these kind of symptoms? What were your resolution(s)?

Hello out there...spa technicians...please help! What other troubleshooting can I do to narrow down the issue(s)? :?:

===========================================

Echo Z110 H490000 w/R574

Before I drained spa 3 months ago the heater would intermittently not stop heating when set temp was reached. Had to turn down temp at least 10 degrees before heater turned off (some of the times). Also at times the pump would not turn off till the heater turned off. Eventually I had to turn off the spa at the breaker. These symptoms occurred and worsened over a course of two months.

Today I filled the spa to trouble shoot the issues.

1. The breaker trips. Indicating I have a short somewhere.

2. I bypassed the heater. Basically unhooked the two electrical contacts. Spa turns on!

BUT, the pump cycles between low(circulating mode) and high, approx 1 second intervals...low then high, low then high...the spa light comes on when pump is in "high".

3. This behavior continues unchanged. With the control panel cord plugged in or not plugged in.

4. With the control panel plugged in. It correctly displays water temp. But there is no "pump" control. I expect the control panel is ok.

Most likely I need new board...possibly a heater too.

Has anybody run into these kind of symptoms? What were your resolution(s)?

you need a new circuit board for your spa. You could also replace the entire spa pack if you want. they come with a new heater and control panel. Is there a name on you controls now like Gecko,Balboa