Testing Kit For Pool Route Opinions Please! :)

Hello,

I wanted to get some pool tech opinions on what kit/brand would be best for a pool route. Have about 100 pools and testing the water is part of regular service.

What brand are you guys using?

What kit do you run and why?

I have employees now and want to make it easier for them to use the kits and get accurate readings what kit would you reccommend to fullfill my needs?

1. Cost

2. Accurate

thanks for any input.....

Hello,

I wanted to get some pool tech opinions on what kit/brand would be best for a pool route. Have about 100 pools and testing the water is part of regular service.

I have employees now and want to make it easier for them to use the kits and get accurate readings what kit would you reccommend to fullfill my needs?

1. Cost

2. Accurate

Taylor k2006 is a really good test kit.

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/products...&KitID=2230

• 1 month later...
Hello,

1. Cost

2. Accurate

Taylor k2006 is a really good test kit.

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/products...&KitID=2230

i see a new taylor k2005 kit on ebay for 39.00 is that as good as the 2006?

Coop

No, not the same.

K-2005 does most tests the same. K-2006 has a really accurate Chlorine test. No color matching - just watch it go from Barbie Pink to clear with the magic drop. Depending on sample size, you can test in .2 or .5 ppm increments.

Ok thanks much.....I'll order up a 2006

Coop

If you have lots of pools I would suggest the Taylor K-2006-C TEst kit. It has lareger (2 OZ) reagent bottles that will allow you to perform more tests than the standard k-2006 test kit.

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/products....asp?KitID=2235

Depending on your number of employees, you may want to look into the Taylor K-2006C-8 (eight kits)

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/products....asp?KitID=2283

As a "consumer commodity", the TF100 kit may not have proper labeling, warnings and such.

http://www.business.gov/business-law/adver...g-law/labeling/

The reagents are the same as those in the Taylor kit and the labels contain the same warnings. For example, click on any refill bottle and then click on the picture to read the label here and you'll see warnings that are the same as those on the Taylor bottles. There is also a warning to keep out of reach of children on the overall kit itself. I have both kits and they are very similar (identical in wording, though differing in appearance) in their labeling as far as warnings are concerned. Of course, if there is any concern from a commercial liability standpoint, one can just order the Taylor kit instead.

I've used lots and lots of test kits in my first three years as a pool owner. I didn't really learn anything about my pool until I started using the Taylor K-2006.

By using the Taylor K-2006 on a route of pools and recording the results, I think you will get better, more consistent results across the board.

Hello,

1. Cost

2. Accurate

one thing about buying from supply houses like Amato or Amazon.com is that one really doesn't know how old the test kits that they are selling are. I mean, how do we know that the reagents that are sold in their Taylor kit are new, and not from last season (or before)?

I have traditionally stuck to buying directly from the company, but seem to pay more. It is tough to tell how old stock is in local pool stores too.... Am I just being paranoid or do some places sell older reagents and try to pass them off as "fresh"?

one thing about buying from supply houses like Amato or Amazon.com is that one really doesn't know how old the test kits that they are selling are. I mean, how do we know that the reagents that are sold in their Taylor kit are new, and not from last season (or before)?

I have traditionally stuck to buying directly from the company, but seem to pay more. It is tough to tell how old stock is in local pool stores too.... Am I just being paranoid or do some places sell older reagents and try to pass them off as "fresh"?

I have no insight in regard to whether certain supply houses -- even Taylor or any one of their high volume full line distributors -- maintains inventory that would lead to certain purchases of test kits and/or titrants at or near the end of their useful life. In three years of purchases from 6 or 7 different distributors I haven't yet encountered any obviously old reagents (evidenced by stained bottles, clotted tips, discolored or faded titrants or test results that were unexpected) but I haven't run the gamut of all suppliers on the internet. There are only a handful of companies that do lots of business via Craigslist, Amazon and e-bay, but who's to say that some outfit wouldn't try to unload older merchandise this way? Maybe I've just been lucky. I had worse "luck" when I had my AG spa and used lower end titrants. Those, it seemed, I had to replace almost every year. Test strips, too.