Regarding Decon Procedure....

kiamo

Hi folks,

i guess i'm about ready to go with this but i have a quick question.

picked up Whirlpool Flush made by Masters. As per the label it contains:

dodecylbenzene-sulfonic acid, primary alcohol ethoxylate, sodium tripolyphosphate, trisodium-phosphate, 2-butoxyethanol, and EDTA tetrasodium salt. (do not ingest!).

my question is can i just put it in with the existing peroxysan, or neutralize the peroxide first?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! :wacko:

One other thing, as of a couple of days ago my tub has begun to develop little "bumps" on the shell. Kind of like little barnacles or something. Any ideas if this is just some type of "scale", or something worse....

Hi folks,

i guess i'm about ready to go with this but i have a quick question.

picked up Whirlpool Flush made by Masters. As per the label it contains:

dodecylbenzene-sulfonic acid, primary alcohol ethoxylate, sodium tripolyphosphate, trisodium-phosphate, 2-butoxyethanol, and EDTA tetrasodium salt. (do not ingest!).

my question is can i just put it in with the existing peroxysan, or neutralize the peroxide first?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! :wacko:

One other thing, as of a couple of days ago my tub has begun to develop little "bumps" on the shell. Kind of like little barnacles or something. Any ideas if this is just some type of "scale", or something worse....

That sounds chemically very similar to the solution in Swirl-away. You might want to check out spa-flush as well. Once you put them in (them being the cleaners) you run it for the required amount of time and then you drain and refill. Make sure to have some kind of netting on-hand just in case you get nasty floaters. For my money, I like spa flush a lot better because a: it's an enzymatic formula and seems to work better and b: It's biodegradable, so if you're draining outside you're not going to have weird deposits around your yard.

"last nite pH was @ about 8.4, TA was about 180 (or higher, thats where the strips top out.)"

"-why does peroxysan advise to use no other chemicals? pH, TA and such just don't matter or what? or is it ok to balance these with "traditional" methods?"

"One other thing, as of a couple of days ago my tub has begun to develop little "bumps" on the shell. Kind of like little barnacles or something. Any ideas if this is just some type of "scale", or something worse...."

Unless you have almost no calcium in the water, your CSI is very high and the bumps are scale. Scale should not be underestimated; it can be a serious problem.

You should drain and refill before using the spa flush to avoid any problems.

Ouch...dump, fill, flush,dump, fill, decon with bleach, dump, & fill again. I'll have to make a skating rink in the yard...lol. Wonder what temp highly chlorinated water freezes at...

This is going to take awhile.

Does my tub need to be up at running temp. for both the flush and Nitro's bleach bath? Or will it work as well at say, 70 F. or so? :blink:

Ouch...dump, fill, flush,dump, fill, decon with bleach, dump, & fill again. I'll have to make a skating rink in the yard...lol. Wonder what temp highly chlorinated water freezes at...

This is going to take awhile.

Does my tub need to be up at running temp. for both the flush and Nitro's bleach bath? Or will it work as well at say, 70 F. or so? :blink:

I did mine at 80 deg f I think.