Installing Hot Tub In Concrete

1lakeguy

I am in the process of installing a new concrete patio, and I want to sink my hot tub into it. The installation will have concrete on three sides of the tub. I plan to have the motor and control side of the tub on the exposed side or the non-concreted opening.

I am planning to leave about 3 inch air gap around the tub and the concrete. I am doing this in case we have to lift the tub out of the hole. Thinking this gap would give some play as we raise the tub.

My question: I have seen installations where portable hot tubs have been installed into concrete and stone. This type of installation looks more permanent. In most of these installations there is trim work or a skirt between the tub and the concrete. It seems to me this skirt is to keep water out of the pit and to give the installation a finished look. Can you give me some material ideas to use for this skirt?

Also: If you have any concerns I need to be aware of for this type of installation, I would greatly appreciate your input.

I am in the process of installing a new concrete patio, and I want to sink my hot tub into it. The installation will have concrete on three sides of the tub. I plan to have the motor and control side of the tub on the exposed side or the non-concreted opening.

I am planning to leave about 3 inch air gap around the tub and the concrete. I am doing this in case we have to lift the tub out of the hole. Thinking this gap would give some play as we raise the tub.

My question: I have seen installations where portable hot tubs have been installed into concrete and stone. This type of installation looks more permanent. In most of these installations there is trim work or a skirt between the tub and the concrete. It seems to me this skirt is to keep water out of the pit and to give the installation a finished look. Can you give me some material ideas to use for this skirt?

Also: If you have any concerns I need to be aware of for this type of installation, I would greatly appreciate your input.

just remember murphys law-

if you sink it it will leak or have another issue down the road and it will have to come out

i dont advise it

sorry

You need to consider that a skirt between the tub and the concrete will make a great home for critters. The only other thing I can think of is drainage - make sure you don't trap water around the tub.

Out of curiosity why do you want to sink your tub into concrete? How far do you intend sinking it?