Cleanwater Blue, Nature 2 & Water Softness (water Gurus Help)

cyber-junkie

Hi

I have a water softener which I really like, (can be bypassed) I have read so much about soft water in the spa, some say bad, others say it won't hurt anything, kinda like sanitizers....does anyone really know?

The "Cleanwater blue" copper system I think recommends soft water, getting rid of the calcium, I like that!! I hate having to remove calcium deposits from the spa shell and my "city tap" water is only around ~140 TH, now I have read it's the "salt" that the softener replaces the calcium with that's bad for spas, yet they sell these salt water chlorine generators for spas...once again seems like conflicting advice....What's the deal with using soft water, not pure soft because most softeners will not remove all the calcium, and if it's ph drift, won't boric acid help stabilize this if the initial water is balanced? If the cleanwater system is "ok" with soft water would the Nature 2 also?, not sure which I want to use as I have sensitive, dry skin and itch real bad after using my tub with regular (non soft) water, never got a rash, I think it's the chemicals (chlorine) and hardness being beat in to my skin because I have very little itching using softer water and almost no chlorine (I did a test), so I was thinking about using either Natures2 or Clearwater with the "low chlorine" recipe with medium soft water ~60 ish...which do you think better or easier on the skin?

Thanks

Cleanwater Blue uses MPS at a fairly high dose. My wife developed a rash from that. I also had a slick feel on my skin when exiting the spa. I now run bromine and the rash went away. It was not folliculitus but a chemical rash.

It may not bother you - but others can explain about an impurity in the MPS which causes irratation.