Some Help, Please

JCE

First post here but I have been lurking for a few weeks since I decided to buy a tub.

It is hard to distinguish whether something is "worth it" when it comes to some of the upper end spas. I have a quote for a 2010 Sundance Hamilton for 7600, and I think I can get them lower. I also have a quote for a 2009 Hot Springs Envoy for 8600. I think this is a really good price and I may not be able to get them down any more. I have sat in both tubs and plan to do a wet test soon. I think I will like both.

The only thing that is apparent is the 780 Sundance series doesn't have stainless jets as standard. It does have a 10 year shell warranty vs 7 for the Hot Springs. They have about the same amount of jets, 2 pumps, circulation pump, ozone, cover/lifter, etc. The Hamilton does come with stairs but the Hot Springs comes with GFCI box.

The Hot Springs is a really nice spa, and side by side it stands out from this Sundance. But is it really worth 1000-1500 more than this Sundance? I guess what is swaying me is the deal I am getting on the Envoy, but still it is more money. I'm concerned this is the BMW/Lexus argument.

Any thoughts on what could set these 2 particular models apart would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi JCE,

I think if you wet test both tubs you will then find your answer.

Both tubs are well made and as long as you like both dealers its got to be down to what feels right when you are sat in it. You will be stuck with your decision for many years so if you can afford either go with what feels the best to you.

Hi JCE,

I think if you wet test both tubs you will then find your answer.

Both tubs are well made and as long as you like both dealers its got to be down to what feels right when you are sat in it. You will be stuck with your decision for many years so if you can afford either go with what feels the best to you.

Are you saying if I like both equally after a wet test, I would be throwing $ away by spending more for the Hot Springs?

The HS has Wavemaster Pumps, Silentflo circ pump, Freshwater III Ozone. Sundance has Theraflo pumps, ? circ pump, Sunzone ozone. Are these accessory models a wash in terms of quality? This is the type of question that is baffling me.

Thanks alot for your time.

The Hot Springs is a really nice spa, and side by side it stands out from this Sundance. But is it really worth 1000-1500 more than this Sundance? I guess what is swaying me is the deal I am getting on the Envoy, but still it is more money. I'm concerned this is the BMW/Lexus argument.

Any thoughts on what could set these 2 particular models apart would be appreciated. Thanks.

Both sides could be argued. I could say I like the Envoy more and what's $1k more spread over the 12+ years you'll be owning this spa if that’s the one you want. I could also say I like the Sundance too so why not pocket the $$.

In the end, let your backside help you decide: wet test them.

Both sides could be argued. I could say I like the Envoy more and what's $1k more spread over the 12+ years you'll be owning this spa if that’s the one you want. I could also say I like the Sundance too so why not pocket the $$.

In the end, let your backside help you decide: wet test them.

OK. Thanks for the reply. Wet test will decide, though I'm not sure the Sundance dealer has a Hamilton filled.....if the Envoy blows me away then I am not sure how many level's of "like" there are above that. I'm not sure how long that floor model at that price will stick around.

Thanks.

OK. Thanks for the reply. Wet test will decide, though I'm not sure the Sundance dealer has a Hamilton filled.....if the Envoy blows me away then I am not sure how many level's of "like" there are above that. I'm not sure how long that floor model at that price will stick around.

Thanks.

if it's a "floor model", filled & wet test by others maybe ask the dealer to decontaminate it b4 delivery. or do it yourself b4 use.

Well, I can confirm you better wet test before buying.

The recliner in the Hot Springs Envoy would not fit my body, so that is $8600 that will not get spent. They also had a Vanguard for wet test and I actually liked that one alot better. Problem with that is, though it is a 7'-4" tub, it seemed small. They have a Grandee at a good price. This wet test may have cost me some $. :rolleyes:

I will test the Hamilton and also a Sundance without a recliner. Thanks for the wet-test advice.

welcome to hot tub heaven. good to see that you are wet testing and finding the best fir tub for you. better to find out now that a tub does not fit.. unfortunately that can cost more money but in the long run will cost less for useage if you have for the next 20 years and enjoy it, if you buy to small and use the spa everyday this year then next year little by little then you will drop off usage then have a boat achor in your backyard. so this is a good way to do it....big investment

OK.

I wet tested the Sundance Hamilton. It was nice, but I they also had a Chelsea I tested and I liked that better. The jets on either Sundance were stronger than the jets on the HS spas. They practically blew me out of the seat. I didn't feel the tradeoff of the extra corner seat for the lounger was worth it so I went with the Chelsea. HS makes a great spa but it wasn't for me, especially for $1500 more. I would've probably chosen the Sundance even if it was the more expensive brand, and this is their 780 series. Apples/apples I should've been comparing their 880 series vs the HS's. I ended up getting the Chelsea for 7300, cover, lifter, steps, delivery, and chemicals.

So, I started off thinking I would buy the HS Envoy or the Sundance Hamilton, liked the HS Vanguard better than the Envoy, liked the Hamilton better than either, and ultimately chose the Chelsea over all of them. I ended up with something I never even considered initially.

Always wet-test before spending this much cash on a spa.