Used Spa Resale Value

ControlFreak

I have a 2001 D1 Nautilus which is rarely used but well kept (filled and running) that I am looking to get rid of. I've been trying to find an answer to my questions and came across this board. Is there an outlet for reselling a used spa? Also, how do I gauge the fair market value of my unit?

Any assistance is appreciated.

I have a 2001 D1 Nautilus which is rarely used but well kept (filled and running) that I am looking to get rid of. I've been trying to find an answer to my questions and came across this board. Is there an outlet for reselling a used spa? Also, how do I gauge the fair market value of my unit?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Craigslist is usually your best bet for large items, as it is mostly local traffic and you don't have to worry about shipping costs. Plus it is free to list.

I can't really help you on the actual listing price. However, with craigslist, if you are in no hurry you can always start high and then post again with a lower price every week or so.

How much did you pay new? What are you hoping to get?

Craigslist is usually your best bet for large items, as it is mostly local traffic and you don't have to worry about shipping costs. Plus it is free to list.

I can't really help you on the actual listing price. However, with craigslist, if you are in no hurry you can always start high and then post again with a lower price every week or so.

I paid around $12,000 installed if I remember correctly in 2001. Does $1500-$2000 sound like a reasonable starting point?

I paid around $12,000 installed if I remember correctly in 2001. Does $1500-$2000 sound like a reasonable starting point?

are you loking to get a new one or just totally get out of the spa life all together.....Just curious.....

I would start with $2500 and go from there, unless you want it gone today.

Good luck!!

That may be on the high side but I'd start there and see how it works unless you need to move it quickly and in that case you need to add the dreaded "OBO" or consider a lower price early on. Otherwise you can decide how negotiable you are based on how many hits you get. Craigslist is great but it also is full of people looking to unload junk and others looking to give you pennies on the dollar but with time and patience you may find the person not only looking for a used spa but looking for a good used spa. Emphasize how well it has been maintained and the fact that they are welcome to come see it in fully operational form (I'd very much highlight this) and be ready for low-ballers.

I would start with $2500 and go from there, unless you want it gone today.

Good luck!!

That may be on the high side but I'd start there and see how it works unless you need to move it quickly and in that case you need to add the dreaded "OBO" or consider a lower price early on. Otherwise you can decide how negotiable you are based on how many hits you get. Craigslist is great but it also is full of people looking to unload junk and others looking to give you pennies on the dollar but with time and patience you may find the person not only looking for a used spa but looking for a good used spa. Emphasize how well it has been maintained and the fact that they are welcome to come see it in fully operational form (I'd very much highlight this) and be ready for low-ballers.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try to get pictures and list it this week for around $2K to try and move it.