I Bought My Wife Our First Hot Tub For X-mas!

seabright_sc

Well I bought a nice used little Hotspring Prodigy. It's older, 1996. but it was refurbished by this guy who picks up good used models, fixes, and sells on CL. It was a single owner, under a covered porch it's whole life one location from a mild climate. It has the original reicipt and paper work. He also included delivery a 30 day warranty and tech support should I need it in the future.

It's super clean and functions perfectly. The control department was clean and dry with no signs of leaks. There was no sign of leaks or any water damage/moisture around the exterior base either.

My wife is going to be stoked! I do have a couple of questions:

How can I tell if the filters need replacing?

When is it time to buy a new cover?

Any other tips or suggestions?

Thank you!

Well I bought a nice used little Hotspring Prodigy. It's older, 1996. but it was refurbished by this guy who picks up good used models, fixes, and sells on CL. It was a single owner, under a covered porch it's whole life one location from a mild climate. It has the original reicipt and paper work. He also included delivery a 30 day warranty and tech support should I need it in the future.

It's super clean and functions perfectly. The control department was clean and dry with no signs of leaks. There was no sign of leaks or any water damage/moisture around the exterior base either.

My wife is going to be stoked! I do have a couple of questions:

How can I tell if the filters need replacing?

When is it time to buy a new cover?

Any other tips or suggestions?

Thank you!

Your best bet is just to replace the filter if you have no idea how old it is. If the cover is heavy to move around or open or sags its time for a new one.

I am a NewB, but IMHO I would follow Nitro's advice (in the Chemistry forum) and decontaminate the tub first - no telling what went on/through the tub before you got it. I know you are stoked to get in and enjoy a nice soak after a stressful day @ work, nothing beats it...well maybe one thing... :rolleyes: There is also a useful thread (again from Nitro) on a Dichlor/Bleach regimine. It only took me a month and my water is screwed up based on advice from my dealer. When the weather is nicer I am refilling and taking Nitro's advice. One last thing...buy a new filter and a good drop test kit.