Used Hotspring Jetsetter Question

seabright_sc

New to the forum and I'm thinking of purchasing a 2003 used Hotspring Jetsetter. I do have a few questions.

What should In look for in a used spa?

What is the difference between a 2003 model and the newer ones?

For those of you who own one....

I'm 6 foot 185lbs. Will this one be too small (lounge chair)?

Of course I intend to test it out, but I thought I'd ask those ith experience.

Price... $2000. It's been meticulously maintained with new cover and service within the last year.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

The Jetsetter changed size in 2006. They are now 5'5" x 7' - the 2003 is 5'2" x 6'10". They now have a Dual Moto-Jet.

The newest phase 2 has nicer lighting and new controls on the top deck.

$2000 sounds about right. I have a 2005 and would sell it for $3K.

Make sure all is working good, the cover isn't heavy (a big expense), and it heats up well.

Check the underside of the cover, if it's turning white and is getting rough (compared to the edge) then they could have had a low pH problem. Also see if the jet faces are fading.

Check the base structure and the slats.

The Jetsetter changed size in 2006. They are now 5'5" x 7' - the 2003 is 5'2" x 6'10". They now have a Dual Moto-Jet.

Thank you for the quick reply! Could you clarify the Dual Moto Jets or explain how this is different from the earlier model. Could you also explain what I'm looking for in base structure and slats? Thank you again.

Any thoughts about the lounge chair for someone my size?

Thank you for the quick reply! Could you clarify the Dual Moto Jets or explain how this is different from the earlier model. Could you also explain what I'm looking for in base structure and slats? Thank you again.

Any thoughts about the lounge chair for someone my size?

The Moto-Massage is a back jet which is placed in the lounge on the Jetsetter. It's a jet that sweeps up and down the length of your back. In older Hot Spring models they used a single Moto-Massage that goes up the center (spine) of your back.

From 2006 and forward, the Jetsetter has had the Moto-Massage DX (double). In this case, there are TWO Moto-Massage jets which are aligned so they sweep up and down the muscles on either side of your spine (where all the tension builds up).

I've had customers with the Jetsetter who are 6' and seem to use it fine. In all honesty, you can always just try sitting in it if the owner will allow it. :)

I have an '05 Jetsetter - same size as the '03 - I'm 6' and the lounge is a good size.

HotSpring makes a very solid spa. You can shim them to level them.

Make sure the base wood is not rotting - there have been a few (very few) that have rotted. Make sure the plastic wood slats are not starting to loosen and stick out. It is an easy glue job to fix. Fixing the wood rot is a pain but do-able.