Opinions On Economy Mode

Vince22

My Viking Heritage II has a heater/pump scheme called Economy Mode. This means that the spa only heats to the preset temperature when the filter cycle runs which is either 2,4,6,8, or 12 hours every twelver hours (2 cycles per day up to 24hrs continuous).

Is there a problem with the temperature cycling up and down? CSI changes with temperature, but even that only goes from 0.03 at my current levels (102f) to -0.12 at 84f.

I'm thinking that winter's not a great time to try it since any savings I get from the heater not being on for 6 hours will be lost when the spa needs to heat on full for an hour or two. Although, I might be overestimating the temperature drop over 6 hours.

My Viking Heritage II has a heater/pump scheme called Economy Mode. This means that the spa only heats to the preset temperature when the filter cycle runs which is either 2,4,6,8, or 12 hours every twelver hours (2 cycles per day up to 24hrs continuous).

Is there a problem with the temperature cycling up and down? CSI changes with temperature, but even that only goes from 0.03 at my current levels (102f) to -0.12 at 84f.

I'm thinking that winter's not a great time to try it since any savings I get from the heater not being on for 6 hours will be lost when the spa needs to heat on full for an hour or two. Although, I might be overestimating the temperature drop over 6 hours.

I'm not a fan of economy mode. But we also tend to use our tub almost daily in the winter months. If you think your usage will be similar, then I wouldnt use EM, too much variation in temp. On the otherhand, if you only use your tub once a week, maybe it would pay off. It all depends on usage.