Sundance Certa

Chillin'

We've had our Certa now for about two weeks and it seems like the pressure blowing from the jets is quite different from the first few times we used the spa. I've called the dealer and they said as long as both pumps are running and the valves are in the correct (open) position then there isn't anything wrong. The tub is brand new so it's not the filter or a build-up in the lines. Have you ever experienced what appears to be a change in the pressure in the jets? The first few times I used the spa the jets were so powerful they would make me float out of every seat - that no longer happens. I'm a bit conceded and disappointed - I just want it to be like it was. Any ideas??? Thanks!

I´ve had my brand new Artesian Dove Canyon for a few months now, and the jets are as strong as by the first soak. I couldn´t tell if this is due to the fact that there is one pump for each seat and hence no need for diverter valves. IMO diverter valves could be the cause for your problems if the pumps are running att full speed. Airlocks tend to build up in those valves.

/Zirgalmnod

If both pumps are running then their output will be the same as day 1. I know the tub is only a couple of weeks old but have you checked the filters to make sure they are in fact clean?

Also, and I'm grabbing at straws here, have you checked the inlets in the footwell to make sure there's nothing blocking one of them?

Failing that disconnect the power, unscrew the filters, and shove a hosepipe into both filter intakes to purge any air that might have gotten in the system.

If both pumps are running then their output will be the same as day 1. I know the tub is only a couple of weeks old but have you checked the filters to make sure they are in fact clean?

Also, and I'm grabbing at straws here, have you checked the inlets in the footwell to make sure there's nothing blocking one of them?

Failing that disconnect the power, unscrew the filters, and shove a hosepipe into both filter intakes to purge any air that might have gotten in the system.

Going out on a limb here did you know you can adjust the pressure of the jets by rotating each jet try this reach down with the pump on and turn the outer ring of the jets to see if it improves.

It feels like there has been a drop in pressure in all seats and jets. There's not one group specifically.

I have a Sundance tub and the jets do near push you out of the seat, especially as I get to put the diverter towards whatever seat I'm sitting in. (I don't have to share! <g>)

This seems simple, but I did overlooked it a couple times myself early on... I'm not sure yours is the same as my Capri, but you have to hit the jet button TWICE to get full power. Did you perhaps forget?? (Sorry, you did say you were a newbie and that's all I could think of.)

Hope you get it figured out. I LOVE my Sundance tub (I'd love it more if I could fix the leak!)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually having the same thing happen with my Certa. I received mine in Mid October, so I've had it for about 1.5 months. When I first got it, with the diverter in the middle position, so that all seats would have flow, the therapy seat felt like it would push you out of the spa. Now it doesn't feel that way at all.

I did take the filter out and spray it off with the hose, but it didn't really look dirty. Do I maybe need to spray some of that filter cleaning stuff on it as well?

I've also noticed that if I have all the jet air things opened, that some of that air seems to get in the filter because if I roll the filter around some of that air that is in the filter comes shooting out the jets. For this reason I don't believe I have an air lock situation.

Can a filter be dirty even if it doesn't look dirty?

Of course the other option that I've thought about is that my body and muscles are now more use to the jets and so they don't feel as intense any longer. Just like if you get massage often it doesn't hurt our muscles to have the massage anymore. Could it be that is what is going on?

I'm actually having the same thing happen with my Certa. I received mine in Mid October, so I've had it for about 1.5 months. When I first got it, with the diverter in the middle position, so that all seats would have flow, the therapy seat felt like it would push you out of the spa. Now it doesn't feel that way at all.

I did take the filter out and spray it off with the hose, but it didn't really look dirty. Do I maybe need to spray some of that filter cleaning stuff on it as well?

I've also noticed that if I have all the jet air things opened, that some of that air seems to get in the filter because if I roll the filter around some of that air that is in the filter comes shooting out the jets. For this reason I don't believe I have an air lock situation.

Can a filter be dirty even if it doesn't look dirty?

Of course the other option that I've thought about is that my body and muscles are now more use to the jets and so they don't feel as intense any longer. Just like if you get massage often it doesn't hurt our muscles to have the massage anymore. Could it be that is what is going on?

Have you spoken to your dealer about this? If so what did they say?