Stains In Pool

sunjunky

I have been fighting with this pool for 3 months now and have spent way too much money. I am finally asking for help. This pool was completed in June of this year, so it is only 5 months old. I have kids and they would track in dirt into the pool constantly. One day I decided to clean all the sand out of the pool and noticed that a lot of what I thought was sand was stains. First my local pool store told me to try adding Metal free. I did this but the next day I forgot that I was filling my pool and over flowed the pool for about 12 hrs, so I didn't know if it would have helped or not. Next the pool store talked me into Scale tec, Still No Help. In fact the stains grew after treating with scale tec. The next step was to lower the chlorine to zero and add ascobic acic and metal free. Lots of money and still have stains. That was about two weeks ago. Since then I have slowely raised my clorine level back up to just over 1. It took the swg at 80%, the inline chlorinator set at 5 and about 7 #'s of granular choline to get it back to the positives. I tried putting a chlorine tab on a stain and it left a perfect circle where the tab has been, so I decided to raise my chlorine level up real high to see if the stains were algea. That was yesterday, Today I woke to the greenest pool ever. This whole time the pool has been crystal clear untill I shocked. Here are my current numbers. FC 10+, CYA 40, Phosphates 2500, PH 7.2, TA 90. Any ideas? Please Help!

The stains are not rough. They will lighten up when you rub a chlorine puck on them and also will lighten up when you leave one sitting on the stain for a few minutes, which made me think that it was organic rather than metal. But i am very new to the whole pool thing and am just learning.

• 1 month later...

Im so glad it has worked for you I have been giving Gracie Dannons All Natural yogurt for about 4 months now and also only giving her filtered water, and using spa facial wash - but her stains are worse now than ever.

Maybe I should be using a different kind of yogurt??