Leisure Bay Spas

Gracee

Does anyone know if Leisure bay spas is a reputable brand?

My friend has a chance to purchase 2 new "scratch & dent" Leisure baby spas (they need 2 spas) from Craig's List for less than $2500/each with only a 30 day warranty. I told her my concerns and said I would check on this for her.

I am new to hottubs but I recently purchased a CalSpa after much research that dettered me away from such deals and things like Costco, Sams or side road and online vendors.

I didn't want to discourage her if this was really a good spa and good deal.

A quick response would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Linda

Does anyone know if Leisure bay spas is a reputable brand?

My friend has a chance to purchase 2 new "scratch & dent" Leisure baby spas (they need 2 spas) from Craig's List for less than $2500/each with only a 30 day warranty. I told her my concerns and said I would check on this for her.

I am new to hottubs but I recently purchased a CalSpa after much research that dettered me away from such deals and things like Costco, Sams or side road and online vendors.

I didn't want to discourage her if this was really a good spa and good deal.

A quick response would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Linda

We used to deal leisure bay spas. They will need added insulation, cover is lower quality, but they were not totally horrible. The big thing is what is the damage to them and why are the components not warrantied longer since the manufacturer warranties them for 2 years (IE Pump and control system) Are these used tubs they took back( we had a couple we had to pick up for them that had shell discoloration issues)

How is she actually purchasing them from, and which spa line are they (they have 3 levels) Would she be willing to have a local spa tech go out and check them, this would cost her a little, but may save a lot.