Arctic Onzen - Bromine Vs Chlorine

Ron3549

I was recently told that the new Onzen system will work with either Bromine or Chorine salt. But I was told earlier that Bromine would damage the electrode.

Is it just a choice I can make next time I fill the Spa – Bromine Salt or Chlorine Salt? Does one have advantages or disadvantages over the other?

Finally – is it ok to use boric acid with the Oznen system?

Thanks for any guidance in this…

Hey Ron,

I am not sure whether or not Bromine will damage the onzen electrodes. I have heard the same thing, but have not had any documentation to substantiate the claim.

I do prefer chlorine over bromine myself. I am sure there are more chemically educated guru's on here who could tell you the benefits of either. I just find I have an easier time keeping my water clean and clear.

If you decide to make the switch you can simply change salt then next time you drain the spa.

Boric acid? Is that the spa conditioner? I would say that it shouldn't be a problem. I personally don't know how helpful the borate compounds are in spa chemistry. Again I am sure there are guys on here who tell you more. I am the kind of person that believes less is more, so I don't add anything I don't have to.

Hope that helps.

James