Test Kit In Uk

uk user

The Palintest SP315C tests for pH, chlorine (FC and CC, I believe), Total Alkalinity (TA), Calcium Hardness (CH) and Cyanuric Acid (CYA). Note that the SP315 doesn't test for CYA so get the SP315C. The chlorine test is a DPD test so you may need to dilute water to test higher levels (a FAS-DPD chlorine test is better, but they don't offer that). It uses tablets instead of drops, but is somewhat similar to the Taylor K-2005 and should be better much better than test strips.

• 6 months later...

I now see that Palintest has added a FAS-DPD chlorine test kit to their lineup with the SP 300 shown here. Unfortunately, for the other tests (pH, TA, CH, CYA) one needs to get the SP 315C and that means needlessly paying for a DPD test, but at least you can get the equivalent of the Taylor K-2006 by buying these two Palintest kits: SP 315C and SP 300 (or the SP 400 if you want the MPS interference remover as well).

So our European friends can now get the same sort of accuracy and repeatability in their pool/spa water testing as those in North America. Apparently this test was introduced in August of 2009 as described here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I forgot to add that to we also brought a cyanuric acid test kit from Palintest.

So far I cannot find a supplier for the Palintest SP315c (I have contacted Palintest direct) but if anyone in Uk knows where to buy this specific product please let me know.

I saw the Lamotte SP726 test kit set, is this a worthy alternative?

Thanks

Mike

It has the right tests though it has DPD instead of FAS-DPD for the chlorine test, but that's hard to find. However, I can't tell what happens after you add these tablets. If you just compare colors for TA and CH tests, then that's not as good as counting the drops until a color change as with the Taylor kit. If the tablets are just for the dye, but the titrant is still a liquid where you count the drops, then that's good.