Jacuzzi Z145 Heating Luke-warm-temp Bulb Resistance For Temp Sensor?

Mainiac1

Hey All, New to the forum. Hope someone can help me fix this tub. Was a freebe from a friend, but after hooking everything up today, it only heats the water luke-warm. I checked the restance of the geater element and its 12 ohms. The overheat sensor is open and so is the temp sensor. I've got 120vac on each side of the heating element. I was expecting somekind of resistance on each of the sensors. But with 120v on the heating element its acting like the element just isnt putting out. But don't they either work or not?Any idea ? The controller is a rheostadt type, not digital. Previous owner gave me a new one he had purchased which I already subbed in, no luck. panel assy Balboa H136000

Thanks, Jamie

Hey All, New to the forum. Hope someone can help me fix this tub. Was a freebe from a friend, but after hooking everything up today, it only heats the water luke-warm. I checked the restance of the geater element and its 12 ohms. The overheat sensor is open and so is the temp sensor. I've got 120vac on each side of the heating element. I was expecting somekind of resistance on each of the sensors. But with 120v on the heating element its acting like the element just isnt putting out. But don't they either work or not?Any idea ? The controller is a rheostadt type, not digital. Previous owner gave me a new one he had purchased which I already subbed in, no luck. panel assy Balboa H136000

Thanks, Jamie

Hello.

If you have proper power going to the heater element and the spa is not heating then replace the element (or heater assembly) - not sure exactly what you have there. :) the ohms sound right, but that doesn't always mean the element is good, I've learned. Plus your motor running can gradually heat up the water a bit, so it could be your heater doesn't work at all.

Keep in mind you're only going to get an avg. of 1.5 degrees per hour increase in temp with a 120v hook up.

Before replacing anything, just confirm that power is consistently getting to the heater and that there isn't some other condition that's terminating the power to the heater, like a bad temp sensor, low water flow, bad pressure switch, hi-limit trip, etc.