Hotspring Jetsetter Leaking

Cougar

I need some advice on tracking down (and hopefully repair) a leak in my Hotspring Jetsetter. Of course I pulled the front panel and with flashlight in hand looked at as much as possible but I still could find an obvious leak. The spa is leaking about 2 to 4 inches of water daily. It started out as a very slow leak but it has worsened. The pump and heater works flawlessly. The valves work easily and smoothly. The spa is old. I would guess 10-15 years old. Since I have already 'flashlighted and eyeballed' to to avail, what do I do now?

I have already looked at previous posts here on leaking spas and 'it ain't pretty'! Just hoping that perhaps with the more simpler Jetsetter, that leak may be easier to find and replace.

I need some advice on tracking down (and hopefully repair) a leak in my Hotspring Jetsetter. Of course I pulled the front panel and with flashlight in hand looked at as much as possible but I still could find an obvious leak. The spa is leaking about 2 to 4 inches of water daily. It started out as a very slow leak but it has worsened. The pump and heater works flawlessly. The valves work easily and smoothly. The spa is old. I would guess 10-15 years old. Since I have already 'flashlighted and eyeballed' to to avail, what do I do now?

I have already looked at previous posts here on leaking spas and 'it ain't pretty'! Just hoping that perhaps with the more simpler Jetsetter, that leak may be easier to find and replace.

If you don't see a leak in the equipment compartment (where its most likely) and its losing 2-4 inches per day I would let it be so it will drain down to the leak point. You will then probably be able to look and see where teh problem is based on the level left in the spa to determine if its the moto jet, some other jet, etc.

To Add to Spatech - I would go back in the equipment area and feel around the light lens - it will leak behind the plastic surrounding the equip. area.

Also check the wood behind where the moto-jet is located.

If nothing yet feel all the way around the wood edge for moisture and determine if it's coming from the wood or coming from under the base that touches the floor.

Let us know.

To Add to Spatech - I would go back in the equipment area and feel around the light lens - it will leak behind the plastic surrounding the equip. area.

Also check the wood behind where the moto-jet is located.

If nothing yet feel all the way around the wood edge for moisture and determine if it's coming from the wood or coming from under the base that touches the floor.

Let us know.

The spa is sunken into a wood deck. How do I 'feel' around the motojet?

Also, what material(s) are used to seal a leak if I am lucky enough to find it?

The spa is sunken into a wood deck. How do I 'feel' around the motojet?

Also, what material(s) are used to seal a leak if I am lucky enough to find it?

You want to feel under the wood edge behind the moto jet - if it's wet there it is probably a little nipple that broke.

Let us know what you find and we can tell how to fix it.