Switching From Bleach To Lithium

eclipse

Hello,

For the past year or so I have been using beach and Sodium Dichlor with my CYA level at about 40, and everything has been working great! I'm looking at switching back to Lithium though, for other reasons.... although I have saved some money by purchasing bleach (Chlorox) instead of Lithium, I have as a consequence, ruined several pieces of clothing by spilling drips of bleach on them during one of the many trips out to the spa for maintenance. Therefore, sticking with bleach hasn't really saved me any money in the long term.

My question is though, if I go back to using Lithium, should I still starup with Sodium Dichlor after a fresh fill to maintain a CYA level of 30-40? or is this not nesessary with Lithium?

Thanks for you help.

Before you give up on liquid, consider using a large (24, 32 oz) plastic water bottle with pull spout. Mark 2 oz lines on it with Sharpie, and fill with Bleach ahead of time over sink with funnel, old clothes etc. You can even make 2 or 4 bottles if you wish. Then when you want to add bleach to tub, just pull spout and squirt it in. Afterward just close spout and rinse bottle in tub. No splash, no mess, easy as can be. I keep a bottle by the tub, when I do long soaks, or when I have guests. Works like a charm.

If you do decide to use Lithium, you'll still need to raise your CYA to 20-30 ppm, because it's unstabilized as well.

I have been using a twin neck bottle to dispense my bleach. It works very well. It has ml and oz. measurements marked on the dispensing side. If any bleach happens to drip onto the outside of the container I just tighten the caps and rinse it off in the tub. This is the one I use here. Be sure to order the correct caps. Nitro has a good idea as well. Either way sure beats the measure and pour method.

I have been using a twin neck bottle to dispense my bleach. It works very well. It has ml and oz. measurements marked on the dispensing side. If any bleach happens to drip onto the outside of the container I just tighten the caps and rinse it off in the tub. This is the one I use here. Be sure to order the correct caps. Nitro has a good idea as well. Either way sure beats the measure and pour method.

That's a good idea.