Hayward Tri Star Pool Pumps Vs. Intelli 4x160 Vs Svrs

MCCPDFWTX

I have been doing research on the Hayward Tri Star (3 speed pump) and the Intelli Flo 4x160 VS SVRS pump. Which, in the opinion of the forum, is the better pump? I have also heard that the Hayward Remote Control System, that goes with that pump, can cause problems with pace makers, gargar doors, etc... Is that true?

I have been doing research on the Hayward Tri Star (3 speed pump) and the Intelli Flo 4x160 VS SVRS pump. Which, in the opinion of the forum, is the better pump? I have also heard that the Hayward Remote Control System, that goes with that pump, can cause problems with pace makers, gargar doors, etc... Is that true?

I have never heard about the problems with pace maker etc thing. they both are good brands. The only big difference is the Hayward system if it detects a blockage it shuts the pump down and introduces air to release the blockage. Hayward has a seperate box were Pentair is mount to the pump motor.

• 5 weeks later...

Which ever one you used make sure that if you use a pump with an SVRS built in shut off system that there are NO check vales in the system anywhere. that includes non-corrosive check valve for pools with an inline chlorinator/heater. Per the manufacturer you must remove all check valves from the system. these check valves will prevent the system from releasing the entrapment.