Shock With Bleach ?

seaox

Alright, i finally got my (new to me) hot tub on the porch, cleaned the shell and bleached it and filled it and let it run and then emptied it out, now i refilled it and i read somewhere i need to shock the water with bleach ?? how much do i use ?? i believe the tub is around 400 gallons, i have a floater floating in it with bromine in it...i have them pumps to where i can plug them in (gfci) until i can get a controller for it...thanks for any help

Alright, i finally got my (new to me) hot tub on the porch, cleaned the shell and bleached it and filled it and let it run and then emptied it out, now i refilled it and i read somewhere i need to shock the water with bleach ?? how much do i use ?? i believe the tub is around 400 gallons, i have a floater floating in it with bromine in it...i have them pumps to where i can plug them in (gfci) until i can get a controller for it...thanks for any help

Check out the http://www.poolcalculator.com/ Insert your numbers, away you go. Extremely helpful tool, and (fairly) accurate, too. I'm not sure if you need to shock with bleach as much as the fact that you can shock with bleach. My understanding is that MPS shock (aka "non-chlorine shock") is somehow "better" in the long term, although one of the others can probably tell you why that is much better than I can. But yes, you can use bleach to shock, I do it sometimes because it's a lot cheaper than MPS... hope this helps at least a little, good luck!

Tony