Got Rid Of Our 6 Week-old Jacuzzi!

Wannago

Wannago,

Sorry to hear you had problems with your J-480. We have had ours (J-480) for a little over two weeks now. The delivery of our spa came with no remote for the stereo and no hardware to attach the cover lift to the shell of the spa and one of the stereo speakers did not work. We were off to a rocky start to say the least but we informed our dealer and everything was fixed within a week. I am not impressed with the quality control or who ever inspect the spas before they leave the factory. Once the issues were resolved our spa is great and me and the wife are enjoying it. In our search for a spa, we looked at the Sundance Cameo and the one thing I did not like was that lounger jets that are under your legs would blow cold air. The dealer informed us that air jets were pulling ambient air from outside the spa. There was a noticeable difference in the temperature of the air jets on my legs when I wet tested the spa. I was upset with the delivery of our spa after spending over 10K on it but the dealer / owner fixed the issue in a timely manner and even gave me his personal cell number if any other issues arose.

Sundance and Jacuzzi come off the same assembly line with the same quality control. These stories of uninstalled lifters and damage on delivery are from the dealer side. Non functioning stereos is from the manufacturer.

To paraphrase Dennis, a dealer is only as good as the manufacturer who supports it.

My issues were clearly with the local dealer.

While normally, I would agree a defective speaker would be a manufacturer problem, in my case, as I would subsequently learn (to my surprise - post-sale), my "new" tub had been dry-wired so that the stereo and lights could be demo'd.

Therefore, they delivered our tub with the full advance knowledge that there was a defective speaker (unless the speaker went bad in the period from when they disconnected it in the store and when it was re-connected in our yard...not likely).

When the 2nd speaker started to act up on day 2, this could also "normally" be attributed to the manufacturer, however I serioulsy wondered if the stereo had perhaps been abused while it was being "demo'd". Regardless, they were never repaired.

Grunt, glad to hear your issues were resolved within a week. As I have previously mentioned, after 7 weeks with our tub, not a single one of our defective items had been replaced. Heck, I never even got a user manual for the stereo!

On the Sundance Spas, the calf jets are air jets, not water jets. As the air is not heated it will be at whatever temperature the ambient air is. I actually like the air jets, although we don't use them all that much. They provide a nice alternative to the water jets, and when you have been in the tub for awhile and are starting to feel hot, it allows you to cool down a bit without having to sit out of the tub. Also, it dispenses the aromatherapy scents, which is also a nice touch. But...to each their own.

Glad you have a better dealer than I did.

On an interesting note... I too live in Calgary, and after a year of lurking here and doing lots of research... I bought a Sundance Cameo form SunSpa as well. Just received it yesterday actually. I can speak to the quality of the customer service and genuine caring for customers from SunSpa.

Before I had made the decision and purchase, the only other tub I wet tested was Hot springs. I did also go into the Jacuzzi dealer to check things out as they where having a "huge sale." after looking around for about 15 mins I was approached by a young female sales person who was rather mis-informed. The conversation was brief when I found I knew more about her on product then she did. I walked out the door shortly after our conversation and would never consider jacuzzi here again. ( this quote is verbatim of what was said)

Her " Our spas are the best spas on the market hands down."

me " aren't the sundance and jacuzzi spas made in the same factory?"

her "ummm, yes, I believe they are"

her " But just because they are built in the same place doesnt mean that the sundance tubs rival the jacuzzi tubs. That cameo you are looking at doesnt have the good filtration or jets of this one, (standing infront of the 470) overall it would be smilar to our 200 series line."

me "uhhh... thank you very much. have a good day."

after reading your story wannago I have a hard time not believing it to be mostly accurate.

just my .02