Installing Used Tiger River Bengal

stevestk

I am installing the tub on a flagstone patio I installed a couple of years ago. I decided to place the tub on five 4 X 4s located under the tub support beams. The tub is only making contact with 2 of the 4 x 4s. I finally figured out that the problem is that the middle tub support beam and one next to it sag a quarter to a half an inch toward the middle, which I assume is from a previous install without proper support. My dilemma is should I shim based on the current shape of the supports or if I leave things as they are what are the chances the weight of the water will cause a correction of the sag and will settle normally on all 4 x 4's? Thoughts?

I'd shim it and make it all level and even. If you chance 'reforming' the spa, you also chance causing structural damage to the spa (including the shell part that you sit in).

I'd shim it and make it all level and even. If you chance 'reforming' the spa, you also chance causing structural damage to the spa (including the shell part that you sit in).

I generally agree. If the gap is noticeable I might leave a little space for it to "resettle" itself closer to the proper direction by using a shim a little thinner than the gap but for the most part you don't want to flex the spa again back away from where its been for a few years.