Sundance Burlington

Chillin'

Hi Everyone!

We're looking for a spa for just 2 - 4 people with no bells and whistles. We went to a Sundance dealer today and looked at the Burlington. He quoted us $5995 and this includes the cover lifter. What are you thoughts on this spa? Anyone have any experience with this model?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

If you have a Hot Spring dealer nearby, I really like the Tiger River Sumatran as a 3-4 person sized spa. You can probably get one for very close to the same price, and overall have a more efficient spa. :) A more direct comparison would be the Tiger River Bengal, which also has a lounge seat like the Burlington has. :)

Generally though, Sundance is one of the better manufacturers.

If you have a Hot Spring dealer nearby, I really like the Tiger River Sumatran as a 3-4 person sized spa. You can probably get one for very close to the same price, and overall have a more efficient spa. :) A more direct comparison would be the Tiger River Bengal, which also has a lounge seat like the Burlington has. :)

Generally though, Sundance is one of the better manufacturers.

Thanks for the information Jerimah! I'll look into the two Tiger River models you mentioned. The dealer we visited today is also a Hot Springs dealer.

Hi Chillin'

We've had a Hot Springs-Tiger River Bengel spa for ten years and have had nothing but problems with it. We've had the heater replaced 3 times (2 were under warranty thankfully), the heat sensor replaced twice, the shell has cracked several times and in several places, and now it's leaking so bad from inside the foam that it's going to be a minimum of $1500 to fix it. The spa is great to have, but for that kind of money, you expect a little better quality. We are now buying a Sundance spa tomorrow. Hot Springs gets fine reviews and the energy usage has been low, but we want something more reliable. We may have just gotten a lemon (from Mountain Hot Tubs by the way), but it has "soured" us on Hot Springs. You should definately try before you buy. Good luck with the purchase and your spa.

Hi Chillin'

We've had a Hot Springs-Tiger River Bengel spa for ten years and have had nothing but problems with it. We've had the heater replaced 3 times (2 were under warranty thankfully), the heat sensor replaced twice, the shell has cracked several times and in several places, and now it's leaking so bad from inside the foam that it's going to be a minimum of $1500 to fix it. The spa is great to have, but for that kind of money, you expect a little better quality. We are now buying a Sundance spa tomorrow. Hot Springs gets fine reviews and the energy usage has been low, but we want something more reliable. We may have just gotten a lemon (from Mountain Hot Tubs by the way), but it has "soured" us on Hot Springs. You should definately try before you buy. Good luck with the purchase and your spa.

lbooth - Thanks for the feedback. I really like the Sundance and I think it's what we're going to go with. Right now I'm contemplating between the Burlington and the Certa. The Burlington has 25 jets with 1 pump but the Certa has 24 jets with two pumps. Looks like the warranty really varies between the 680 series and the 780 series. What model did you choose in the Sundance line? Unfortunately in our area there are very few Sundance or Hot Spring dealers and none of them have the spas we're looking at available to wet test. I have sat in them dry and they seem to "fit" very nicely. Good luck with your purchase as well!!

Hi Chillin'

lbooth - Thanks for the feedback. I really like the Sundance and I think it's what we're going to go with. Right now I'm contemplating between the Burlington and the Certa. The Burlington has 25 jets with 1 pump but the Certa has 24 jets with two pumps. Looks like the warranty really varies between the 680 series and the 780 series. What model did you choose in the Sundance line? Unfortunately in our area there are very few Sundance or Hot Spring dealers and none of them have the spas we're looking at available to wet test. I have sat in them dry and they seem to "fit" very nicely. Good luck with your purchase as well!!

Hey Chillin,

I just ordered my Sundance Certa at the beginning of September, and it's being delivered on Oct. 15th. We're so super excited. Based on looking at both that were in our dealers showroom the Certa has some nice stuff that the Burlington doesn't. The lighting is very different between the two as is the water feature and number of jets. The burlington has 25 jets and the certa has 34, plus the type of jets you get are different as well. Ultimately we decided to go with the certa because the wet test in the certa felt the best to us. In fact, we preferred the certa over some of the 880 series models. I know people keep saying this, but you really need to wet test the tubs because the jets feel differently to everyone since our bodies are different and the jets hit all of us differently.

Good luck on your search!!!

Hi Chillin'

Hey Chillin,

I just ordered my Sundance Certa at the beginning of September, and it's being delivered on Oct. 15th. We're so super excited. Based on looking at both that were in our dealers showroom the Certa has some nice stuff that the Burlington doesn't. The lighting is very different between the two as is the water feature and number of jets. The burlington has 25 jets and the certa has 34, plus the type of jets you get are different as well. Ultimately we decided to go with the certa because the wet test in the certa felt the best to us. In fact, we preferred the certa over some of the 880 series models. I know people keep saying this, but you really need to wet test the tubs because the jets feel differently to everyone since our bodies are different and the jets hit all of us differently.

Timchase01 - Great info! Congrats on your spa purchase - bet you can't wait to get it! Do you mind me asking what you paid for the certa and what area of the country you are in? It's so hard to determine what the best deal is.

Thank you!

Hi Chillin'

Hey Chillin,

Timchase01 - Great info! Congrats on your spa purchase - bet you can't wait to get it! Do you mind me asking what you paid for the certa and what area of the country you are in? It's so hard to determine what the best deal is.

Thank you!

Hi Chillin'

Hey Chillin,

Thank you!

I live in Eastern Iowa and I have a great dealer here. They have been super great to work with, plus they're funny. It wasn't a high pressure sales pitch at all. The first time I went in they said the list price was 9,000 or something like that but that due to the sale sundance was having they could get me 7500. I told them I would think about it and then called them back a couple of days later letting them know that I saw, on here actually, that someone had purchased one for 6500. She said that her costs didn't allow her to go that low and the lowest she could go was 6800. It was very honest and straight forward. I would hope that if you directly asked your dealer what is the lowest price they can give that they would be honest, but maybe I just have a good dealer? Not sure. So I got mine for 6800, which included tub, delivery and set up, starting chemicals and cover lifter. I decided not to have ozone in the tub due to the corrosive nature of it.

Was it the best deal? I'm not sure, but I was happy with the price and honestly in the end that is what matters right? I should also probably point out that I paid with cash and that paying with cash seems to make a difference in the price you can get, but that is just my feels based on experience. Cash usually goes farther than credit.

Thanks for the pricing info Tim!

We are the proud new owners of a Certa! We received the same pricing you did Tim and we received the lifter, start chemicals, ozonator, stairs, delivery and setup. We'll take actual delivery sometime in November.

Thanks to everyone here for all the input!!