Tiger River Bengal No Heat

ajpietro

Am I heading in the right direction? Tiger River Bengal, 2002, Heater replaced under warranty in 2007. I lost heat during the last winter season (east coast). Being out of warranty I am troubleshooting myself. Control panel, circulation pump, main pump, and lights all work. on the IQ2020 box the heater light is on when thermo is calling for heat. I checked for voltage at the heater relay leads and got nothing. I pulled the invensys heater control board and it is burnt on the rear right side(hole starting to burn through). From what I have read I must replace this board but is there anthing else I should check before swapping the board with new? Could a cover in poor condition have caused this board to fry? I know this spa has served me well for 7 cold winters, but I cant afford to throw money away in my attempt to repair. Any advise is appreciated.

Am I heading in the right direction? Tiger River Bengal, 2002, Heater replaced under warranty in 2007. I lost heat during the last winter season (east coast). Being out of warranty I am troubleshooting myself. Control panel, circulation pump, main pump, and lights all work. on the IQ2020 box the heater light is on when thermo is calling for heat. I checked for voltage at the heater relay leads and got nothing. I pulled the invensys heater control board and it is burnt on the rear right side(hole starting to burn through). From what I have read I must replace this board but is there anthing else I should check before swapping the board with new? Could a cover in poor condition have caused this board to fry? I know this spa has served me well for 7 cold winters, but I cant afford to throw money away in my attempt to repair. Any advise is appreciated.

Currently have the same problem with my Caldera Moorea (another Watkins product). It also has the IQ2020 box and my heater board is fried too. Mine is on it's way under warranty. From what I've read this is a common problem. I google searched the board and it's an easy fix and can be had for $100 give or take (ranges $100-$199). The board has changed so make sure you get the newer one, remember if your tub is not 220, and is 110 you have to set the jumpers see http://www.backyardplus.com/proddetail.php?prod=74618 Hot Springs=tiger river= caldera all Watkins. From what I was told just the boaard needs to be changed.

Currently have the same problem with my Caldera Moorea (another Watkins product). It also has the IQ2020 box and my heater board is fried too. Mine is on it's way under warranty. From what I've read this is a common problem. I google searched the board and it's an easy fix and can be had for $100 give or take (ranges $100-$199). The board has changed so make sure you get the newer one, remember if your tub is not 220, and is 110 you have to set the jumpers see http://www.backyardplus.com/proddetail.php?prod=74618 Hot Springs=tiger river= caldera all Watkins. From what I was told just the boaard needs to be changed.

Oh yeah here's a link to my fried board in the same place as your's??? http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/i...ic,12456.0.html