Calspa Controller Error

greggin

PLEASE help me figure this out.

I have a Victory Series 800 spa that I purchased new in 2003 :P and this is the first time I have had any issues other than normal maintenance / water chemistry. On my topside control I get nothing but the Temperature reading counting up from the actual water temp (64 degrees right now as I have just refilled it) to the high setpoint reading of 104 degrees. It counts up with the pump running, hits the setpoint, the pump shuts off, counts down, hits below the setpoint, the pump comes on and continues the cycle :wacko: . Before I found this forum I figured I would just start looking into it myself. I replaced the temperature sensor cable and heating element (just because I figured it was time for a new one) actually believeing it may be the cable but now it looks as if I really may not have needed to replace either one. I'm not a tech, nor electrician so I was just trying to narrow down the possible causes starting with least expensive first (CalSpa Tech Support told me to call a Technician :angry: ). Inside of the control box while powered up I can hear some chattering (I believe it is a relay but I don't know) but the motors and pumps do run fine at the beginning of the power up cycle, then it just begins the above stated temperature issue.

Thank you all for any help, suggestions or solutions to this problem :rolleyes: (I am sure to get more out of this forum than CalSpa's Tech Support).

• 3 weeks later...