Marquis Euphoria

Country

Hi. I shopped for used spas for a few months, and along the way I got great advice in this forum. Thanks. I finally bought a spa and want to share the story.

It was a time-consuming search, but I ended up finding a four year old Marquis for a good price. This is the Euphoria model, and it was brand new (not used even a single time, never filled with water). I bought it from someone who apparently had every intention of hooking it up but due to a breakup and move out of town, that never happened. My luck. I had it moved for $250, set onto a new deck built just for the spa, and I paid a local spa service guy $275 to clean it well and get me off on the right track. That included some chemicals, and an education on how it all works.

This Euphoria is a dream come true for us. I have always wanted a hot tub. The Euphoria is extremely well-built. There are two main valves on the top to divert water power to different seats. I really enjoy moving around the different seats, switching the valves to power the various jets. Neck, foot, butt, shoulders, etc, all covered with the range of jets. After 20 minutes or so, my body feels totally relaxed.

Some quirks I noticed at first. The spa has settings such as Smart Logic, and Filter Clean. At first I might have set them myself incorrectly, but it seemed like the spa was on every minute of the day even when we were not in it. It turns out I had it set to auto filter twice a day for 6 hours, and the Smart Logic came on automatically for another 2 hours after any use. I read the instructions and switched Smart Logic to "off" and auto clean to just once per day for 45 minutes. These new settings did not take effect right away either, I had to wait until the next day to notice. Anyone familiar with the Euphoria care to comment about the best settings?

It is just myself, my wife, and our three kids. So far, we've all gone out into the spa every evening. What a nice way to spend time together. Great conversation and family time. Sometimes my wife and I will put the kids to bed, and go out together. More great conversation and "together time". We are already sexually active together but the spa is a nice addition. Because we get intimate then walk into our bedroom, bodies steaming, make love, then go back into the spa for more relaxation. In nearly 15 years of being married, we still love it like newlyweds. But I have a question--is there some type of safe lubricant for lovers in hot tubs?

A final question concerns the skirting of this spa. On the skirt that covers the equipment, there is a hole for an exterior light. The light works great, but the lens cover that screws into the skirt is gone. As a result, there is a hole in the skirt. Where might I get the exact lens cover for the Euphoria? A local dealer? Marquis direct?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Markee,

Thanks a lot for your response. If you are a Marquis dealer, you don't need me to tell you but I will say it for others reading--this is an excellent product.

I have one question for you--concerning the "light shroud". Is that what it's called? Do you have a part number? I'll call the local dealer and order it asap.

Since I have you here I have another question. Concerning the "Soundsation" feature which my Euphoria has. Any tips on hooking that up? I haven't hooked it up yet. I don't want to run the wire into my house, I'd rather hook it up to perhaps a music player I have stored on our deck under cover. Any models or brands you recommend, to power the Soundsation?

Thanks again.

I think these are the part numbers you're looking for:

990-0693 - Light cover cedar (brown exterior)

990-0696 - Light cover driftwood (gray exterior)

You will need to buy a receiver with the right specifications to run the stereo. Here is a link that will give you some more information on the recommended equipment for the Soundsations system:

http://www.marquisspas.com/pressroom/docum...nstallation.pdf