Crack In Pool

poolyguy

There are a whole host of reasons for a five foot crack in the shell, but we all can agree it will grow larger. Pools with poor construction can crack like this with very little hydrostatic force or movement. Rebar could installed improperly, the crack could be the result of a semi-cold joint during the shoot, poor PSI strength of that area, broken underground drainage systems in that area of the pool "pool is shown empty" and bla bla bla.

As an investor myself, I would patch and paint the sucker and hope for the best. Removing that shell is far more expensive than salvaging it. I would remove the tile and coping though to make sure the crack does not carry all the way through the beam. If so, don't patch and paint and be prepared to fork over the big bucks to have the pool properly stabilized. A pool in two pieces is not a pool at all.