Sundance Certa Or Jacuzzi 465

Janisinbc

I initially was looking at the J-465, however after speaking with people in another forum, I decided against the 465 and bought a J-480.

The lounger in the 465 is poorly designed and seems to be built for very tall people (over 6') and the calf jets are rather weak. Assuming your entrance step will be at the "front" of the spa where the control panel is, you may have noticed that this will have you stepping into the tub right onto the curved part of the lounger - there is no actual flat entrance step.

Also, there is only one diverter valve which restricts the amount of control you have over the jets. For some reason, Jacuzzi seemed to not put much thought into this model, and some suspect it might soon be discontinued.

Look at the 480...much better tub and if you start haggling, you can get it for not too much more than the 465.

The Certa is in Sundances 770 series. In order to fairly compare between the two manufacturers, the 770 SD Series compares to Jacuzzi's 300 Series, while the SD 880 Series is comparable to the Jacuzzi 400 series. The equivalent to the J465 in the SD 880 series is the Altamar.

I had been torn between SD and Jacuzzi for several months but just last week decided on Jacuzzi 470 (the lounge was not important to me). Deciding factor for me was the dealer support, the local Jacuzzi dealer is great...just a notch up from Sundance dealer. In your market it may be the other way around...I don't know.

Wet test them if you can, that may make the decision real easy for you. But like Wannago said, take a look at the full Jacuzzi 400 line-up don't limit yourself to the 465. There really isn't a huge difference in price between models.

The Certa is in Sundances 770 series. In order to fairly compare between the two manufacturers, the 770 SD Series compares to Jacuzzi's 300 Series, while the SD 880 Series is comparable to the Jacuzzi 400 series. The equivalent to the J465 in the SD 880 series is the Altamar.

I had been torn between SD and Jacuzzi for several months but just last week decided on Jacuzzi 470 (the lounge was not important to me). Deciding factor for me was the dealer support, the local Jacuzzi dealer is great...just a notch up from Sundance dealer. In your market it may be the other way around...I don't know.

Wet test them if you can, that may make the decision real easy for you. But like Wannago said, take a look at the full Jacuzzi 400 line-up don't limit yourself to the 465. There really isn't a huge difference in price between models.

Can you tell me Firemedic, if you heard anything about the outside Shell in the cold winter? I got told it wouldn't last long compare to a Coast Spa .

Don't believe that statement from the Coast dealer, it's simply not true.

Jacuzzi's been building spas for over 50 years and Sundance over 30 years. They wouldn't be in business if their product didn't stand the test of time. They sell hot tubs worldwide, in every climate, yes even worse than Canada's. Jacuzzi is becoming the dominant premium line in Manitoba because of very strong, customer oriented dealer. I have 5 friends with Jacuzzi spas, (I just bought my first) and they've been through several winters with no problems. The oldest one is about 8 years old, and looks just like new. You'll be fine with Jacuzzi or any of the major brands. Try them out and see which model feels the best, comfort wise.... take it from there...

Be sure to take into account the dealer support, that's key in my books. Personally, the Coast dealer making false/misleading statements about their competitors would have me seriously questioning their integrity.

Good luck in your search.

Can you tell me Firemedic, if you heard anything about the outside Shell in the cold winter? I got told it wouldn't last long compare to a Coast Spa .

Salesmanship.

Ya well, Like I said before on a other post, I am a salesman myself, and that's exactly my point.

It sucks to see that everyone targets the salesmen for liars and bs people. I mean, if someone is asking me a question, why the hell would I lie? To get a sell? That's just retarded mentality!! I not I am the ''next generation'' of sales rep and I do my job professionnaly...I guess I'm always hoping every one is doing the same...guess I was wrong...

Tssss

Ya well, Like I said before on a other post, I am a salesman myself, and that's exactly my point.

It sucks to see that everyone targets the salesmen for liars and bs people. I mean, if someone is asking me a question, why the hell would I lie? To get a sell? That's just retarded mentality!! I not I am the ''next generation'' of sales rep and I do my job professionnaly...I guess I'm always hoping every one is doing the same...guess I was wrong...

Tssss

Not all spa salespeople are going to BS you like that; many (hopefully most) will be up front with you and not play these types of games. Its ok to have some bias, everyone is to some degree and you have to believe in what you sell but it seems that maybe you just happened to talk to one who was layering it on a bit thick.

Tssss

Not all spa salespeople are going to BS you like that; many (hopefully most) will be up front with you and not play these types of games. Its ok to have some bias, everyone is to some degree and you have to believe in what you sell but it seems that maybe you just happened to talk to one who was layering it on a bit thick.

Ya.... way too thick!! ;(

My heart is still aiming at the J-480 ... ^_^