Sundance Or La Spas? Need Advice

looking to purchase sundance or la spas..both equivelant options...sundance price is 10600 La spas is 7600 warranty is better on sundance...is it worth the price difference? Both have rock exterior....otherwise comparable options. Thanks for your time

An opinion here depends on which models you are comparing. If you are comparing one of the high end Sundance tubs to the LA Spas line, I'd say the Sundance wins hands down. However, the higher end LA's compare well to the lower end of the Sundance line. The circ pumps, heater assemblies, flow switches and pumps are made by the same subcontractors for both manufacturers. If there is one component of the LA that I don't like, it's the filter. Go look at every other tub manufacturers filters, then look at the LA and you'll see what I mean. It's nothing more than an oversized sock. They claim this makes it easy to wash, but I've seen too many where debris gets around and clogs the circ pump if you do not get the sock back on perfectly.

John

We wet tested models from La Spas and Sundance. For us the La Spa was more powerful, (though not everyone wants high power spas) and felt better. We also felt more at ease with the dealer, who actually started selling Sundance as well as La Spas, after we brought ours.

Regarding the filters I have had no problems with them, my two sets lasted just over two years, but if you look here http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...ic=6568&hl= other people have had problems with them, there is a post about using bromine which could be a cause.

We wet tested quite a few different makes and models and for us the Dimension One Spas came a close second.

What matters is does the spa feel good for you (wet testing), are you happy with the dealer, the warranty and the build.

Our spa is the HEET.