Caldera Or Marquis

Pstores

Ok, ruled out the Hot Springs. Wouldn't buy a use push mower from that guy let alone a new Spa. I am looking at the Caldera Geneva vs the Marqius Epic I believe. Both seem pretty good. Caldera better bang for the buck it seems at the price. Any input?

I wet tested both of those models and found the "lounger" (I think they call it an Adirondack chair in the Marquis line) to be more comfortable in the Epic.......I am only 5'3, if that makes any difference....

I also think Caldera is a great buy when comparing against other models. I picked up a Niagara myself (just had it installed on Friday). Love it! Hot Springs is a good brand, but couldn't find a model I really liked; not in my price range anyway. Can't speak to the Marquis but Watkins makes the Caldera who gets high marks for warranty support. I'd say go with the Geneva.

Ok, ruled out the Hot Springs. Wouldn't buy a use push mower from that guy let alone a new Spa. I am looking at the Caldera Geneva vs the Marqius Epic I believe. Both seem pretty good. Caldera better bang for the buck it seems at the price. Any input?

You'll find proponents of each but since both are good brands from reputable manufacturers I'd conceentrate on:

-wet test

-what kind of deal you can get (and what is included)

-comfort with each dealer

You'll find proponents of each but since both are good brands from reputable manufacturers I'd conceentrate on:

-wet test

-what kind of deal you can get (and what is included)

-comfort with each dealer

Comfort with these two dealers is no issue. I rea;;y want the Cambria by Caldera but just out of my price range. Leaning more toward the Caldera even though it's slightly higher in price.

Both of these brands are known as some of the leaders in the industry. Here are some things to consider when looking at these two spas:

1.) Open up the equipment bay on both of these spas and you will be surprised at the difference between the two

2.) Last time I checked out Caldera they were still using a wood framed base. Marquis uses a high-impact acrylic base that is completely sealed off from rodents. I would feel around the edges of both spas and see if you can find gaps between the cabinet and the base.

3.) Marquis uses a thicker cover that seals incredibly well to the shell. Try lift up on the handle and see how well it seals. I'm 205 lbs and I can walk on top of the Marquis cover.

4.) The entire Marquis Spa is made in Oregon by employee owners. Caldera shells are made in Mexico.

5.) Both Marquis pumps are a 56 frame design which is a pump that runs cooler and quieter than pumps in most other spas. Both pumps are also 2 speed (instead of having one single speed pump).

6.) Larger jet count and larger control panel in the Marquis.

7.) In-home control panel comes standard on the Epic.

8.) Warranty is almost identical. Slightly longer warranty on the Marquis DuraWood cabinet and ozone system.

If possible, try and wet test the spas. At the very least, sit in them dry and see how well they fit you.