Stamped Concrete V/s Exposed Aggregate

abc

Any words of wisdom in choosing between the exposed aggregate and the stamped concrete for an outside patio, on which the hot tub will sit? My wife and I were leaning towards stamped concrete and have had 2 quotes on the price (which I am amazed how affordable and nice it can look) when another concrete contractor stopped by last night and was slamming our stamping idea. He mentioned that since we live in MN water can creep through the etching part of the stamped surface and freeze, which can adversely affect the hot tub. I just don’t understand how is it different for exposed aggregate since water can also creep through and freeze for the gravel left exposed. Can anybody help in our decision making process, please ???

Bunk.

If anything, you would more exposed surface area with an exposed pad than you would with a stamped. Typically, you would have a sealer applied to both styles as well. It won't be an issue, go with whatever style you prefer.

Doing stamped concrete finishing is more involved/difficult than doing exposed, and my guess is that the contractor telling you this isn't comfortable / doesn't like doing stamped, but "anybody" can do exposed.

Bunk.

If anything, you would more exposed surface area with an exposed pad than you would with a stamped. Typically, you would have a sealer applied to both styles as well. It won't be an issue, go with whatever style you prefer.

Doing stamped concrete finishing is more involved/difficult than doing exposed, and my guess is that the contractor telling you this isn't comfortable / doesn't like doing stamped, but "anybody" can do exposed.

Great!! I had the same thought!! Thanks a ton!!