Getting A Good Deal On Hotsprings In Uk?

michm

All you US people seem to get GREAT deals on HotSpring Tubs

Our local dealer has a price list and when we went and wet tested he quoted us £10,900 for the Envoy 09 model the price list says £11,495, so not a great deal off imo!

The grandee is price listed at £13,595 so am assuming he will do it for £12, 900 or something similar.

Now on this forum, during a search I saw someone had a quote for a grandee of $10,000 which is about £6000!!!

Now I'm not saying I want the same deal because import duties and VAT have to be added BUT allowing for taxes the price over here still seems ridiculous!

SO, my Q is how much can we negotiate the price without p*****g off the dealer, whom we will need 'on board initiallly and in case anything needs fixing?

Any advice would be greatly received, cheers!

Mich

All you US people seem to get GREAT deals on HotSpring Tubs

Our local dealer has a price list and when we went and wet tested he quoted us £10,900 for the Envoy 09 model the price list says £11,495, so not a great deal off imo!

The grandee is price listed at £13,595 so am assuming he will do it for £12, 900 or something similar.

Now on this forum, during a search I saw someone had a quote for a grandee of $10,000 which is about £6000!!!

Now I'm not saying I want the same deal because import duties and VAT have to be added BUT allowing for taxes the price over here still seems ridiculous!

SO, my Q is how much can we negotiate the price without p*****g off the dealer, whom we will need 'on board initiallly and in case anything needs fixing?

Any advice would be greatly received, cheers!

Mich

Hi Mich,

if you want that particular tub the best way in negotiating a price is to actually sit down with the dealer and talk money. Tell him what you are willing to pay and take it from there. Whats the worst that can happen?

Does the price the dealer quoted include extras like steps,coverlifter,chemical packs,delivery etc. These are all extras that cost the dealer money so its important to look at the whole picture.

I would also look at other similar tubs and see how much they cost. For instance Arctic Spas make the Tundra which is of a similar size and layout with an rrp of £12,665 for the legend extreme model with 3 pumps, 61 water jets and 14 air jets.

Anyway good luck with your search and make sure you wet test any tub before making a purchase.

Regards

It varies depending on how each dealer prices their spas so there is no easy answer. However, I wouldn't worry about p*****g off the dealer when negotiating. Just be polite but firm when negotiating and get the best deal you can; the worst thing they can do to an offer is to say no. The dealer will not have an issue afterward with a customer who is a good negotiator, they want to make a deal just as much as you want to get a good deal.

Yes, you are both right - the HS guy is really nice and I doubt he'd get annoyed by us starting low and meeeting somewhere in the middle on price, just as long as our first offer isn't cheeky!

Thanks for the encouragement! I will get my bargaining shoes on, lol.