Sundance Optima Price Question

KHJH

My wife and I are looking to purchase our first hot tub and we've checked out the local shops. We really like the Sundance Optima. It's a bit more than what we had planned on spending, but we're only going to do this once (for this house, any way) so we figured we'd stretch things a bit and go for the higher-end tub.

It's a 2008 model that's in stock and it's in the color cabinet we wanted and a good interior (?) color. It's got the stereo & iPod jack, but we're skipping the closer and steps, as we'll be building our deck around it. Is $10,200 a reasonable price for this tub? It's got a few less bells and whistles than the '09 model, so I'm wondering if this is an OK price for a "left over" or if we should go for the newer model?

Thoughts and feedback appreciated!

I got a 2009 Optima this summer, and we love it. The Intelli-Jets are just wonderful, as are the foot jets.

Be aware that the Ipod connector in the stereo isn't all that great. The sound quality is great, and it charges your ipod, but it will only play your song list in alphabetical order, or will play a playlist you select or individual songs, but it's tedious and you can't do it from inside the pool. It would be nice if you could set your ipod on random and advance songs from the remote, but you can't.

I got a 2009 Optima this summer, and we love it. The Intelli-Jets are just wonderful, as are the foot jets.

Be aware that the Ipod connector in the stereo isn't all that great. The sound quality is great, and it charges your ipod, but it will only play your song list in alphabetical order, or will play a playlist you select or individual songs, but it's tedious and you can't do it from inside the pool. It would be nice if you could set your ipod on random and advance songs from the remote, but you can't.

Eric,

Thanks for the info! If you don't mind saying, could I ask how much you paid for your Tub?

Thanks!

KHJH,

My local Sundance competitor was just set up in a Costco store here in town. They had the 2009 Optima on display marked @ $9,399 without Stereo. Not sure if this was unique due to their deal with Costco or not, but in case it helps I thought I'd throw it out there. :) Granted the cost of business may not be the same here as it is where you are, so prices from state to state are not always the same anyhow.

KHJH,

My local Sundance competitor was just set up in a Costco store here in town. They had the 2009 Optima on display marked @ $9,399 without Stereo. Not sure if this was unique due to their deal with Costco or not, but in case it helps I thought I'd throw it out there. :) Granted the cost of business may not be the same here as it is where you are, so prices from state to state are not always the same anyhow.

Thanks for the info. I know things aren't totally "apple to apples" based on location, but at least that gives me an idea on price. Even with the stereo, being a "left over" model, I think they could still come down in price a bit. I'll see what they can do.