Polaris 360 Blowing Major Pressure At Wall

Rocks911

First of all my Polaris is working but I dont understand why so much pressure is blowing from the wall. The pressure relief valve is blowing by a lot of pressure but I have the valve at the pool equipment opened jst enough to give the Polaris what it needs to run so why the major blow-by? The pressure relief valve on the wall is designed to blow by excess pressure by opening up to divert pressure or there is a dial out feature to open the relief valve manually to do the same. It would seem to me that the automatice blow-by should't divert pressure if I have it opened correctly at the main valve at the pool equipment.

It sometimes does this and sometimes doesn't. No Rhime or reason is apparent. No matter how relatively clean or dirty it just acts up when it wants...whats that all about?

Second year into a pool, thinking about filling it in with dirt. These things are really precarious. Do everything you can to have a nice pool and things break and funk grows and there seems to be no end to the maintenance and tweaking.

Please excuse the rant I'm just a little frustrated.

By the way anybody know of a pool cover installer in the Dallas area? I dont want to have to go through another fall and winter like last year, my God the work to keep leaves out of the pool was mind-numbing!

The Polaris booster pump delivers more that enough press so it can accommodate different plumbing systems mainly long runs. If you are getting too much water fountaining (is that a word?), disconnect the fitting at the wall and rotate it 180 degrees. That will point it down and you wont get the water. If the unit seems to be running ok, this is normal pressure release. If not, check the finger screen at the wall or about 18" in from the wall (with newer units).

I had a similar thing with the pressure relief; but I didn't have one of the restrictor disks in behind the universal wall fitting. I put the blue disk in, the pressure relief valve is still bleeding a little but much better than before.

--paulr