Hot Tub Dealer

stan

I purchqased a "down east" hot tub from the dealer in Tallahassee last year. I started to have problems with the elect. circuit. tub would quit working. I called the dealer who stated that because I lived 50 miles from the dealership it would cost me $200.00 just to have their tech come and check out the problem.. RIP OFF !!!!!

I purchqased a "down east" hot tub from the dealer in Tallahassee last year. I started to have problems with the elect. circuit. tub would quit working. I called the dealer who stated that because I lived 50 miles from the dealership it would cost me $200.00 just to have their tech come and check out the problem.. RIP OFF !!!!!

A travel fee is normal and reasonable. However $200.00 is extreme.

Not to far off really. Easily I'd expect a service fee around $150 at least to be honest, considering you're 50 miles out. $200 doesn't seem entirely out of the ordinary to be frank. Call a local electrician, and a plumber, and ask them what they'd charge you. Chances are they're more expensive. :)

I think it is out of line. I have talked to two different dealers about 100 miles away and both said a service call would be $100. I wanted to make sure what I would be in for if I make a deal from an out of town dealer.

edit:I did a out of office visit while I wet tested two tubs out of town and did not charge for it. I am looking golden and worked out great.

Did this dealer deliver the spa?

If not I can see a trip fee, but to me they are making money on the trip fee as well as on the warranty work.

Sometimes electrical problems are not the spas fault. If they figure this to be the case then a trip fee is in line. BUT IT SHOULD BE A TRIP FEE - NOT A RIP FEE

We regularly deliver spas 50 miles away (Florida is a big state) and we do not charge a trip fee for warranty work.

Did this dealer deliver the spa?

If not I can see a trip fee, but to me they are making money on the trip fee as well as on the warranty work.

Sometimes electrical problems are not the spas fault. If they figure this to be the case then a trip fee is in line. BUT IT SHOULD BE A TRIP FEE - NOT A RIP FEE

We regularly deliver spas 50 miles away (Florida is a big state) and we do not charge a trip fee for warranty work.

We bought our spa from Costco. When I needed warranty work done (on 2 different occasions), the nearest service place was over 100 miles away (in Baltimore, MD and we live in Bethany Beach, DE). Both times, the work was done at NO CHARGE to me.

Sandi

The big question for all of this is whether it's a warranty issue or not. If it's something covered by the original manufacturer's warranty, you generally won't pay anything. If it's not a warranty issue, the dealer is going to charge you something for coming out. I know we don't charge a fee for warranty service, as the manufacturer pays us to perform that work for you.

Thanks for all info. Just a quick reply, The spa was delivered by the dealer. But youall should understand the dealer stated that their tech would come out to check the spa and order the "part" and then respond back for another $200.00 travel charge. to install...