Haywood Super Ii Pump (sp3000) Motor Shaft.

jobs850

What is the name of the gadget attached to the BACK end of the Haywood super II pump (SP3000) motor shaftshaft. It rotates with the shaft and touches the switch when it rotates. Mine has fallen apart. Is this someting I can purchase and install myself? And where can I get it? Or do I have to buy a whole new motor?

Please Help.

The part is part of the centrifugal switch. Look in the yellow pages or online under "Electric Motors" for a local electric motor repair shop. They can sell you the part, they can fix the motor for you, or they can sell you a new motor, if necessary.

Be sure to write down ALL of the information on your motor label before calling or going to the motor shop.

Not meaning to hijack this thread but also have a Hayward Super Pump. My issue it appears to be running fine for several hours, no noise and proper pressure but it shuts off. After 45 minutes or so it runs again. Could it be over heating and shutting down by itself? User manuals states this could be a reason. What could cause it to over heat? The basket and o ring is clean and all check out. Could something be caught causing it to run harder than normal thus over heating?

Ya, sounds like a thermal shut off to me. If the motor is enclosed or otherwise not properly ventilated, this would be the cause even though the operating conditions may not be extreme enough to shut it down. The motor needs to cool itself off, be sure that it can do this effectively. on the Hayward super2 there are air louvers on the bottom at the end of the motor where the air exits and at the front of the motor where it connects to the pump. Clean them up. If it still shuts off after that, take it to an electric motor rebuilder. It's usually a pretty inexpensive fix.

• 3 weeks later...
Ya, sounds like a thermal shut off to me. If the motor is enclosed or otherwise not properly ventilated, this would be the cause even though the operating conditions may not be extreme enough to shut it down. The motor needs to cool itself off, be sure that it can do this effectively. on the Hayward super2 there are air louvers on the bottom at the end of the motor where the air exits and at the front of the motor where it connects to the pump. Clean them up. If it still shuts off after that, take it to an electric motor rebuilder. It's usually a pretty inexpensive fix.

MRFIXIT, I looked at the unit and couldn't see anything clogged. Do I need to take the shell off to properly clean the louvers? Thanks

You won't be able to remove the metal housing without complete disassembly of the motor - not recommended for most people. The problem is likely internal in the motor & can usually be rebuilt. You can get the motor rebuilt, which won't normally come with more than a 30 day warranty, or purchase a new motor which will come with at least 1 or 2 year warranty. Depending on the age of your motor, a replacement may be a little more energy effecient.