New Sundance Spa - Questions

Eric W.

We bought a 2009 Sundance Optima that was installed June 25. The installer didn't have the right Ozone generator so he came back a few days later and installed it. I noticed before the ozone generator was in, the circulation pump turned off according to the timers in economy mode. After the ozone was installed, the circulation pump never shuts off. Is this adjustable somehow? There's no mention of this in the manual.

Also, my favorite radio station doesn't come in as clear as the others. I've found this problem on other radios and an antenna or relocation of the antenna solved the problem. Is there an antenna on the radio in this spa, or a jack where I can install an antenna? I haven't taken the radio panel off yet, and I wanted to ask first before I waded into this wiring.

You really want to keep it set to normal and not economy. Economy isn't really economical. It's better to have it heat thermostatically. It's also good to have 24 hour circulation for filtering reasons and for the ozone to run 24 hours.

There should be an antenna connection on the back of the radio. You can add an external antenna to this and run it to a deck rail or the like.

Good Luck

You really want to keep it set to normal and not economy. Economy isn't really economical. It's better to have it heat thermostatically. It's also good to have 24 hour circulation for filtering reasons and for the ozone to run 24 hours.

There should be an antenna connection on the back of the radio. You can add an external antenna to this and run it to a deck rail or the like.

Good Luck

Thanks for the reply. I keep it on standard mode, but was curious about the change in operation in economy mode.

I'll pop the radio panel off this weekend and look for the antenna jack. It's frustrating that my favorite radio station is the only one that comes in with static, but it's not just the tub radio.

Yeah, to be effective you want that thing to circulate all the time. The ozone generator really can only be functional while water is circulating and it can inject ozone into the flowing water. If you're spa isn't circulating, your ozone isn't working either. :)

Good call on running in Standard mode as well. Economy mode isn't so great in my opinion, especially come winter.

Yeah, to be effective you want that thing to circulate all the time. The ozone generator really can only be functional while water is circulating and it can inject ozone into the flowing water. If you're spa isn't circulating, your ozone isn't working either. :)

Good call on running in Standard mode as well. Economy mode isn't so great in my opinion, especially come winter.

We're thinking about winter now that we've got the spa. It's on my patio in the sun, about 30' from the back door. I'd like to build an enclosure for the winter that I can take down in the summer. I don't really want a building/enclosure on my patio, but I have a hunch the only way we're going to use it regularly is if it's enclosed. We're in Chicago so winter is pretty cold.

My eventual game plan is when the above ground pool eventually comes down in a couple years, I'll build a larger garage and put the hot tub on a deck off the garage with a full enclosure.